Here is the latest about Wine Bar George from the Disney Parks Blog:
Wine Bar George will offer more than 130 selections by the ounce, glass, and bottle in a range of varietals, vintages, and prices. Acclaimed wineries as well as up-and-coming growing regions and wineries will be featured along with small plates, artisan cheese and charcuterie boards, and sharable entrées designed to complement the wine list.
The biggest reason for all the excitement is George Miliotes himself – renown wine expert, native Floridian, and Disney alum. A celebrity in the wine world, George is a Master Sommelier – one of only 249 in the world. In fact, Wine Bar George is the only wine bar in Florida owned by a Master Sommelier.
When the doors open to Wine Bar George, expect something special. “It is my responsibility to bring joy to the wine list and the experience,” said George. “I want Wine Bar George to encourage conversations of what is brilliant and special in the wine world.”
Some of the food dishes for Wine Bar George were also revealed in the article. Here is a quick rundown of some of the creative new Wine Bar George menu items:
- The Big Board – An impressive selection of six artisan cheeses and five crafted meats that serves two or more.
- Grilled Octopus with Lemon Vinaigrette – This light and refreshing salad has tender pieces of Spanish octopus (a result of grilling then chilling the octopus) with a touch of acidity from the lemon vinaigrette.
- Crispy Mac & Cheese Bites – These crispy cheesy bites are surprisingly light. Served with tomato nage and Pecorino, they are Ron’s imaginative take on a grilled cheese with tomato soup.
- Porchetta Spiced Pork Cheeks – Served with a creamy three-cheese polenta, these small bites of meaty goodness are cooked long and slow to perfection. The orange gremolata takes it over the top.
- Grilled Whole Greek Sea Bass – One of the “family-style plates” that serves two or more, this light and tender whole fish is served with cannelloni bean ragoût and seasonal vegetables.
- Olive Oil Cake – This moist cake with a rich olive oil flavor is served with candied olives and lemon mascarpone.
Of course the one thing that we still don’t know is when Wine Bar George will open. We were originally told Spring 2018 and given the depth of detail in this most recent update, it sounds like they are close. Be sure to subscribe below and stay tuned for more updates!