Last night, the Make-Up Artists and Hair Stylists Guild (IATSE Local 706) handed out their annual awards for 2018 and, according to Deadline, Disney/ABC were fortunate to pick up three awards. Disney/Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 won Best Contemporary Make-Up and ABC’s Dancing With the Stars won awards for Best Contemporary Make-Up and Best Contemporary Hair Styling.
In addition to last night’s winners, Star Wars: The Last Jedi was nominated in the Feature-Length Motion Picture – Best Special Make-Up Effects category, but did not win.
The Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild Awards honor outstanding achievements for make-up artists and hair stylists in motion pictures, television, commercials and live theater. Last night’s awards ceremony was held at the Novo Theatre by Microsoft at L.A. Live.
- What is Disney Doing for Disney World’s 50th Anniversary?, February 24, 2021
- When Will Disneyland Reopen?, February 23, 2021
- 2021 & 2022 Walt Disney World Vacation Packages Now Available!, December 31, 2020
- Disney+ Upcoming Movies and Shows with Release Dates, July 28, 2020
- When Will Disney World Reopen?, April 20, 2020