Cinderella Castle (Disney World Attraction)
Cinderella Castle Details:
Inspired by the castle in Disney’s Cinderella, the iconic Cinderella Castle is the symbol of Magic Kingdom park.
A Fairytale Come True
Rising high in the sky at the end of Main Street, U.S.A., Cinderella Castle welcomes you to a magical world of fantasy and fun. The central icon of Walt Disney World Resort, the castle invites all who visit to celebrate in a place where dreams come true.
A Classic Design
Boasting soaring spires, ornate turrets and regal royal-blue rooftops, the 189-foot castle invokes both the magic and mystery of real-world castles—such as Fontainebleau and Versailles—and fictional palaces like the one seen in Disney’s animated classic Cinderella.
Adding to the enchanted environment, the castle is surrounded by a tranquil moat, lush green grass, rose bushes and a wishing well, providing perfect picture-taking opportunities from nearly every angle.
Cinderella Castle provides a spectacular backdrop for the fireworks extravaganzas that occur in Magic Kingdom park on select nights. Over 16 million colored lights illuminate the castle when the sun sets; and during fireworks shows, lights and music effortlessly come together to create an even more magical setting.
Inside the Castle
Step inside Cinderella Castle and feel like the hero or heroine of your own storybook adventure. Within the main castle corridor, 5 handcrafted mosaic murals—containing 14-karat gold and silver plus over one million pieces of glass in 500 different colors—tell the classic tale of Cinderella.
Located within, Cinderella’s Royal Table and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique craft even more magical experiences for the young and young-at-heart.
- Cinderella’s Royal Table
Cinderella’s Royal Table lets you dine with Disney Princesses amid a storybook setting for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is a beauty salon where girls and boys are magically transformed into little princesses and knights. Magical makeover packages include hairstyling and make-up services, manicures, costumes and photos.
Fun Facts and Statistics:
- The castle is 183 feet tall (tallest structure in the Magic Kingdom, but not the tallest at Disney World).
- The castle looks much taller than it is due to forced perspective.
- The castle has 3 elevators, but only one is open to the public.
- The castle is made of concrete, steel, cement, plaster and fiberglass.
- It took roughly 18 months to build the castle.
- The castle structure can withstand 125 mph winds.
- There are 27 towers on the castle.
- The murals inside the castle took 22 months to produce.
- There was once a moat around the castle in which the Swan Boats operated.
- Cinderella’s Royal Table was originally called King Stefan’s Banquet Hall, even though King Stefan appeared in Sleeping Beauty.
- The moat that surrounds the castle contains 3.37 million gallons of water.
Disney Character(s) in this Post:Cinderella (Character)
- Cinderella Castle Completes 50th Anniversary Royal Makeover, July 23, 2021
- Cinderella Castle Holiday Dream Lights Will Not Be Hung in 2020, Rotating Projections Replace Signature Magic Kingdom Offering, September 9, 2020
- Take a Special Look at Cinderella Castle’s New Royal Colors at Magic Kingdom Park, August 21, 2020
- Refurbishment Resumes for Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom, June 13, 2020
- Cinderella Castle at Walt Disney World Resort to Receive Royal Makeover, February 18, 2020