Cinderella Castle (Disney World Attraction)
Cinderella Castle Details:
Inspired by the castle in Disney’s Cinderella, the iconic Cinderella Castle is the symbol of Magic Kingdom park.
A Fairytale Come True
Rising high in the sky at the end of Main Street, U.S.A., Cinderella Castle welcomes you to a magical world of fantasy and fun. The central icon of Walt Disney World Resort, the castle invites all who visit to celebrate in a place where dreams come true.
A Classic Design
Boasting soaring spires, ornate turrets and regal royal-blue rooftops, the 189-foot castle invokes both the magic and mystery of real-world castles—such as Fontainebleau and Versailles—and fictional palaces like the one seen in Disney’s animated classic Cinderella.
Adding to the enchanted environment, the castle is surrounded by a tranquil moat, lush green grass, rose bushes and a wishing well, providing perfect picture-taking opportunities from nearly every angle.
Cinderella Castle provides a spectacular backdrop for the fireworks extravaganzas that occur in Magic Kingdom park on select nights. Over 16 million colored lights illuminate the castle when the sun sets; and during fireworks shows, lights and music effortlessly come together to create an even more magical setting.
Inside the Castle
Step inside Cinderella Castle and feel like the hero or heroine of your own storybook adventure. Within the main castle corridor, 5 handcrafted mosaic murals—containing 14-karat gold and silver plus over one million pieces of glass in 500 different colors—tell the classic tale of Cinderella.
Located within, Cinderella’s Royal Table and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique craft even more magical experiences for the young and young-at-heart.
- Cinderella’s Royal Table
Cinderella’s Royal Table lets you dine with Disney Princesses amid a storybook setting for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is a beauty salon where girls and boys are magically transformed into little princesses and knights. Magical makeover packages include hairstyling and make-up services, manicures, costumes and photos.
Cinderella Castle Fun Facts and Statistics:
Cinderella Castle is 183 feet tall.
It took roughly 18 months to build the castle.
The castle structure can withstand 125 mph winds.
There are 27 towers on the castle.
The murals inside the castle took 22 months to produce.
There was once a moat around the castle in which the Swan Boats operated.
Cinderella’s Royal Table was originally called King Stefan’s Banquet Hall, even though King Stefan appeared in Sleeping Beauty.
Disney Character(s) in this Post:Cinderella
Disney Park(s) in this Post:Magic Kingdom Park
- Complete Disney World Replica Monorail Collection | Disney Toys
- Where to Find: Princess Elena of Avalor at Disney World
- A Sleeping Beauty Castle LEGO Set? You Could Help Make it Happen!
- Complete Disney World Character Dining Meals List (2019)
- Disney World’s New Castle Projection Show Starts Next Week: What We Know
- Disney to Live Stream Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire Stage Show
- 150 Walt Disney World Facts and Stats You Won’t Believe (2019)
- How To: Have Your Wedding at Cinderella’s Castle at Walt Disney World
- What You Need to Know About Disney World Christmas Events (Tix Now Available)
- Disney Introduces New Mickey Mouse Stage Show at Magic Kingdom
- Disney LEGO Cinderella Castle: Everything You Need to Know