Discovery Island | Extinct Disney World Attractions
Discovery Island Details:
Discovery Island is a small island in the Bay Lake portion of Walt Disney World Resort. From 1974-1999, it operated as a sort of Zoological exhibit. All of the animals that were housed on the island were moved to Disney’s Animal Kingdom in 1999 and the island has sat unoccupied since.
Disney World guests are currently strictly prohibited from visiting the island, although there are a number of amazing urban explorer videos on YouTube which show what the island looks like now.
Archival Video of the Island:
Here’s a look at the park experience from back in the day..
- Walt Disney World Vacation Packages for 2023 Now Available!
- A Complete Rundown of Epcot Changes from 2019-2022
- 10 Things You Should Be Excited For At Walt Disney World in 2022
- The Main Benefits of Genie Plus at Walt Disney World (yes, there are a few)
- 2022 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival Details | Disney World Resources