Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort (Disney World)
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort Description:
Relive the romance of Spanish Colonial Mexico at this enchanting Resort hotel. Find your mythical city of gold in a Southwestern-themed haven—from brightly colored casitas to rustic ranchos. Each unique accommodation provides its own unforgettable escape… and a welcoming home away from home. (source)
Coronado Springs Resort Restaurants:
- Café Rix
- Las Ventanas
- Maya Grill
- El Mercado de Coronado (formerly Pepper Market Food Court)
- Rix Sports Bar & Grill
- Siestas Cantina
- The Laguna Bar
- Three Bridges Bar & Grill
- Toledo – Tapas, Steak & Seafood
- Dahlia Lounge
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort Address:
1000 West Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-8403
Fun Facts and Statistics:
- Coronado Springs was Disney’s first attempt at including a convention center in a moderate resort, so it has a number of features normally found only in Deluxe hotels.
- Number of hotel rooms: 2,385
- This hotel features 220,000 sq ft of convention space.
- The Coronado Ballroom is the largest ballroom in SE United States.
- Gran Destino Tower opened on July 9, 2019.
- The 22 acre lake at the center of the resort is called Lake Dorado.
Grand Destino Tower Details:
Disney recently opened the Grand Destino Tower in the Coronado Springs resort. Here are the details (source):
The new Gran Destino Tower rises dramatically on the southeastern shores of Lago Dorado (“Golden Lake”), the resort’s 22-acre lake. The tower – opening to the public July 9 – offers 545 modern guest rooms (including 50 suites and club-level services), a grand two-story lobby, new meeting venues, and a rooftop restaurant and lounge with spectacular views.The distinctive tower becomes the stylish new gateway to the 2,385-room resort.
Gran Destino Tower takes its name from the classic Disney film “Destino.” Drawing inspiration from the surrealist animated short, the tower is a whimsical, magnificent visual feast, diverse in its design and execution. The tower’s outdoor Destino Plaza are also ideal for weddings, business receptions or other special events.
Past its grand entrance and signature ribbon-patterned design that climbs up the side of Gran Destino Tower, guests step into a stunning lobby – an homage to the Catalan Modernism style. On their way to check in, new arrivals pass intricate wooden screens with rows of beautiful Moorish hanging lanterns, while decorative bronze screens inspired by Spanish tile patterns accent the rear wall of the lobby.
The warm colors and patterns of Barcelona inspire the sun-filled Barcelona Lounge on the lobby’s lower level, offering plenty of casual seating and lake views. Beneath a magnificent chandelier framed by sculpted plaster columns, guests can enjoy coffee in the morning and cocktails as the day progresses.
The Catalan theme extends to the tower’s stylish new guest rooms and suites. A wall covering in each room is inspired by Spanish tile medallions, adding an Old World touch to a contemporary design. The new tower also offers club-access rooms for guests who want to enjoy the benefits of the Chronos Club. The club boasts commanding views of Walt Disney World Resort and cast members who can assist with vacation planning. Light refreshments are available throughout the day.
Each tower guest room also offers a new interactive television system that provides a more customized and Disney differentiated in-room experience. This new television system will enhance the guest experience with Disney-quality services, content and personalization. For example, guests can view their Disney PhotoPass images on the large screen and stream their entertainment services from their personal devices to the in-room television.
Image courtesy Disney
- Cafe Rix at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort has a Reopening Date, November 17, 2020
- NBA to Gradually Vacate Disney Hotels, August 10, 2020
- Disney World Reveals Reopening Dates for More Resort Hotels, June 22, 2020
- NBA Hotels Revealed; Grand Floridian Among Them, June 18, 2020
- The NBA Returns to Disney- What does that mean for your vacation?, June 6, 2020