Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort (Disney World)
Here is everything you need to know about the amazing Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort at Walt Disney World including history, reviews, fun facts, photos and more. I hope you find this listing informative and helpful!
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort Description:
Celebrate the spirit of the South Pacific at this oasis of tropical palms, lush vegetation and so much more. From moonlit nights immersed in the outdoor island ambiance to the exotic tastes of our world-class restaurants, discover the signature tropical atmosphere that’s made Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort a favorite Disney destination since 1971. (source)
Polynesian Village Resort Restaurant:
- Barefoot Pool Bar
- Capt. Cook’s
- Disney’s Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show at Luau Cove
- Kona Café
- Kona Island
- Oasis Bar & Grill
- On the Green Grill
- Pineapple Lanai
- Tambu Lounge
- Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto
- Trader Sam’s Tiki Terrace
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort Address:
1600 Seven Seas Drive
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-8423
Fun Facts and Statistics:
- One of the original opening day Walt Disney World resorts.
- One of the three Disney resorts on the ‘Monorail Loop.’
- The central ‘Great Ceremonial House’ building is modeled after a Tahitian royal assembly lodge.
- There was a very popular large waterfall feature in the Great Ceremonial House until the building’s refurbishment in 2014.
- Number of hotel rooms: 492 rooms
- Number of longhouses: 11
- The Polynesian has been expanded 3 times since opening
- The original Polynesian buildings were constructed in the ‘dresser drawers’ manner similar to the Contemporary Resort.
- The Polynesian became a Disney Vacation Resort in 2013.
- John Lennon signed the paperwork that broke up The Beatles at the Polynesian on December 29, 1974.
Disney Character(s) in this Post:Lilo Pelekai (Lilo & Stitch)
- Kona Cafe at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort closing for refurbishment this summer, June 3, 2022
- Demolition crews onsite at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort to clear land for new Disney Vacation Club tower, May 17, 2022
- Permit Filed for Demolition of Spirit of Aloha Building at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, April 28, 2022
- Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show is Permanently Closed, March 16, 2022
- New Multi-Level Disney Vacation Club Wing with Modern Aesthetic Announced for Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort,
- Walt Disney World Vacation Packages for 2023 Now Available!
- A Complete Rundown of Epcot Changes from 2019-2022
- 10 Things You Should Be Excited For At Walt Disney World in 2022
- The Main Benefits of Genie Plus at Walt Disney World (yes, there are a few)
- 2022 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival Details | Disney World Resources