Disney’s Pop Century Resort (Disney World)
Disney’s Pop Century Resort Description:
At Disney’s Pop Century Resort, experience the unforgettable fads of the 1950s through the 1990s all over again. From yo-yos and Play-Doh® to Rubik’s Cube® and rollerblades, this Resort hotel salutes the timeless fashions, catch phrases, toys and dances that captivated the world through the decades.
1050 Century Drive
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-8433
Disney’s Pop Century Resort Fun Facts and Statistics:
- Plans for Pop Century originally called for a resort double its current size, but plans were scaled back due to the decline in tourism in the early 2000’s.
- The two halves were going to be split into the ‘Legendary Years’ and the ‘Classic Years.’ Only the Classic Years were built.
- Disney ended up building the Art of Animation Resort on the second half of the Pop Century property in 2012.
- Number of guest rooms: 2,880 rooms and they average 260 sq ft per room.
- The bowling pin structures are 65 feet high.
- The Rubik’s Cube structure is 41 feet high.
- The 8-track tape structures are 35 feet tall.
- The table soccer players are 12 feet high.
- It took 125,000 gallons of paint to cover the resort’s interior and exterior walls.
- Disney World Reveals Reopening Dates for More Resort Hotels, June 22, 2020
- Buses from Pop Century Resort to Hollywood Studios, Epcot Reduced to Hourly; Guests to Use Skyliner, January 6, 2020
- New Menus and Updates at Disney World Value Resorts, September 30, 2018
- Photos – Newly Refurbished Rooms at Disney’s Pop Century, July 31, 2018