It’s a Small World (Disney World)
Here is everything you need to know about Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom’s It’s a Small World ride including history, fun facts, photos and more. I hope you find this listing informative and helpful!
It’s a Small World Ride Description:
On It’s a Small World, located in Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom’s Fantasyland, embark on a whimsical boat ride past a jubilant confection of singing children from around the globe.
Sing along to the classic anthem of world peace during a delightful musical boat tour hosted by the children of the world. From a colorful dock, climb aboard a cozy boat and set sail along the Seven Seaways Waterway on a 10-minute journey.
Amid a vibrant, multi-colored backdrop exquisitely crafted out of papier-mâché, glitter and fabric, behold a cast of almost 300 traditionally dressed, dimple darlings from nearly every corner of the globe sing a simple song in their native language about universal harmony and dance. Travel to all 7 continents and, by journey’s end, see for yourself that it truly is a small world after all.
From the snow-capped Swiss Alps to the golden Serengeti, the children of the world are ready to make your acquaintance. During your tour, experience a rainbow of diverse cultures from such far-off locales as:
- The British Isles
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- The Middle East
- South America
- Australia and the South Pacific Islands
Before you return home, the children reunite for a grand finale, reminding us of the common bonds of friendship, laughter and happiness we share—and that if we see the world through the eyes of a child, we’ll realize we are all basically the same.
It’s a Small World Ride Fun Facts and Statistics:
The song ‘It’s a Small World,’ written by Disney Legends the Sherman Brothers, is the most performed song of all time.
There are over 300 audio-animatronic figures in the ride.
The ride lasts roughly 15 minutes.
The ride was sponsored by Mattel from 1988-1998
Disney Park(s) in this Post:Magic Kingdom Park
- ‘it’s a small world’ in the Magic Kingdom Closing for Short Refurbishment in Late July, July 12, 2021
- Magic Kingdom’s “it’s a small world” to Remain Open During Queue Refurbishment, January 25, 2020
- Disney Taps Writers for ‘It’s a Small World’ Movie, February 27, 2016
- ‘It’s a Small World’ Songwriter Robert Sherman Dies at 86, March 6, 2012
- Walt Disney World Vacation Packages for 2023 Now Available!
- A Complete Rundown of Epcot Changes from 2019-2022
- 10 Things You Should Be Excited For At Walt Disney World in 2022
- The Main Benefits of Genie Plus at Walt Disney World (yes, there are a few)
- 2022 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival Details | Disney World Resources