Party of Five (Freeform Show)
Party of Five Description:
Party of Five stars Brandon Larracuente as Emilio Acosta, Emily Tosta as Lucia Acosta, Niko Guardado as Beto Acosta and Elle Paris Legaspi as Valentina Acosta. Bruno Bichir and Fernanda Urrejola star as the Acosta parents, Javier and Gloria.
Emilio Acosta is an aspiring musician and the oldest son of Gloria and Javier Acosta. Emilio is the reason his parents crossed the Mexican border into the United States nearly twenty-five years ago in hopes of a better life. Although the oldest, he’s the least responsible of the siblings and had been enjoying living away from home and the freedom that came with it, until his parents’ status was threatened.
Lucia Acosta is a straight-A student with lofty college ambitions until her parents run into trouble with immigration. Their circumstances force her to reevaluate her disposition to play by the rules. She quickly becomes resistant to authority, politically radicalized and rebellious to her presumed duties as the oldest sister.
Beto Acosta is the second oldest brother of the family who steps up in the midst of turmoil. While struggling with sports, girls and school, he soon discovers that being the head of his family comes easily to him and gives him the self-respect and sense of purpose he has never had before.
Valentina Acosta is the precocious and resourceful youngest sister. Forced to face adolescence without her mother, she’s desperately afraid of what the future holds, and her vulnerability will require her older siblings to step up and offer the structure and support that they may not be wholly equipped to provide.
“Party of Five” is created by Amy Lippman and Christopher Keyser, who also serve as executive producers and writers. Rodrigo Garcia also serves as executive producer and directs the pilot. Michal Zebede serves as co-executive producer and writer. (source)
- Freeform Passes on Second Season of “Party of Five” Reboot, April 19, 2020
- Elizabeth Grullon to Join Freeform’s “Party of Five”, October 18, 2019
- Freeform Announces Jan. 8 Premiere Date and Releases an Extended First Look for Highly Anticipated Family Drama ‘Party of Five’, September 14, 2019
- Freeform Picks Up ‘Party Of Five’ to Series With 10 Episode Order, February 5, 2019
- Freeform Pilot ‘Party of Five’ Finds its Leading Four, October 23, 2018
- Freeform Greenlights Highly Anticipated ‘Party of Five’ Pilot From Original Series Creators, September 7, 2018