Splash Mountain (Disney World Ride)
Splash Mountain Ride Details:
On Splash Mountain, located in Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom’s Frontierland, float along a colorful bayou—past delightful singing critters—to a thrilling 5-story splashdown.
Hop inside a hollowed-out log and gently drift past rocky caves, vine-strewn swamps and sun-drenched meadows as you accompany happy-go-lucky Br’er Rabbit from his home in the Briar Patch on a search for his “laughing place.” But be warned: Br’er Bear and Br’er Fox are in hot pursuit of the roaming rabbit and they’ll do anything they can to catch him!
Much To See and Do
During your musical log-flume adventure, visit such whimsical watering holes amid Chick-A-Pin Hill as:
- Critter Cave
- the Fishing Place
- the Old Swimming Hole
- Br’er Fox’s Lair
- Br’er Rabbit’s home in the briar patch
A Colorful Cast of Southern Characters
Over 100 talking, singing, storytelling Audio-Animatronics critters call Splash Mountain home. In addition to Br’er Fox, Br’er Bear and Br’er Rabbit, a multitude of characters, including geese, frogs, raccoons, possums, bees and alligators, offer up their own slice of southern hospitality during the adventure.
Songs to Make You Sing
Splash Mountain invites you to clap and sing to several classic Disney songs on your watery journey, including:
Splash Mountain Fun Facts and Statistics:
- Splash Mountain is based on the movie Song of the South; a movie Disney has refused to release since the 1980’s (when the ride opened).
- The original name of the ride was supposed to be Zip-a-Dee River Run, but the name was changed at the last minute to help promote the Disney (Touchstone) film Splash
- The ride’s climatic drop is 50 feet.
- Top ride speed is 40 mph.
- There are 950,000 gallons of water running through the ride.
- There is a hidden Mickey in the final scene of the ride. There is a pink cloud floating above the Zip-A-Dee-Lady riverboat that looks like Mickey laying on his back.
- If you want to get really wet on this ride, sit in the front. If you are looking for less of a soaking, sit in the rear of the ride vehicle.
- A number of the animatronics in this ride were re-purposed from the America Sings show in Disneyland.
Splash Mountain Ride Video:
Disney Character(s) in this Post:Br’er Bear (Song of the South)
- New Permit filed for construction on Splash Mountain, February 19, 2021
- Disney Announces It Will Fast-Track Splash Mountain Princess and the Frog Redesign, November 17, 2020
- Splash Mountain to Be Rethemed to ‘Princess and the Frog’!, June 26, 2020
- New Adventures with Princess Tiana Coming to Disneyland Park and Magic Kingdom Park,
- The Complicated History Of Disneyland’s Splash Mountain And Song of the South, June 15, 2020
- Petition Asks Disney Parks To Re-Theme Splash Mountain, And It Has The Perfect Candidate, June 11, 2020
- Splash Mountain closing for lengthy refurbishment in early 2020, October 19, 2019
- Funko Splash Mountain POP! Rides Figure Coming Exclusively to Disney Parks, August 15, 2018
- New sponsor coming to Walt Disney World’s Splash Mountain, July 25, 2018
- Disney’s Splash Mountain gets safety bars, February 1, 2011