Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (Disney World Ride)
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance is an amazing new attraction coming to Disneyland and Disney World’s Disney’s Hollywood Studios in the new Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge area. The attraction puts guests in the middle of an epic battle between the Resistance and the First Order.
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Description:
According to Disney, “guests will traverse the corridors of a Star Destroyer and join an epic battle between the First Order and the Resistance – including a faceoff with Kylo Ren – when Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opens Dec. 5, 2019, at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and Jan. 17, 2020, at Disneyland Resort in California. At 14 acres each, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland, now open, and at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, opening Aug. 29, 2019, is Disney’s largest single-themed land expansion ever. “
Disney recently released a fair amount of updates about the ride in preparation for Galaxy’s Edge’s opening. Here are all the new ride details (source):
- Guests will join the Resistance and depart from Batuu in a transport ship to meet General Leia Organa at a secret rendezvous point. However, on their way to the hidden base, guests are intercepted and taken prisoner by the First Order as their ship is drawn into the hangar bay of a Star Destroyer. The action then ramps up as guests seek to escape the clutches of Kylo Ren and the First Order.
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will bring guests face to face with some of their favorite Star Wars characters, including Resistance heroes Rey, Poe and Finn, as well as Kylo Ren and General Hux of the First Order.
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance is one of the largest attractions Disney has ever created. Its massive show building is a world unto itself, housing two full-sized AT-AT walkers and a Star Destroyer hangar bay – complete with a TIE fighter and a garrison of Stormtroopers – plus more thrills and surprises.
- Walt Disney Imagineering will combine multiple ride systems to tell the story of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. In one sequence, a new simulator experience will give the sensation to guests they are falling from space to crash land on Batuu.
- During a portion of the experience, guests will race through a Star Destroyer in a trackless ride vehicle featuring an onboard droid that reacts to its surroundings.
Here is a cool teaser video which, according to the Disney Parks Blog, was shot in the actual attraction.
and here is a deeper dive into the ride experience from (Disney-owned) Good Morning America:
Disney Park(s) in this Post:Disney’s Hollywood StudiosDisneyland Park
- What is Disney Doing for Disney World’s 50th Anniversary?, February 24, 2021
- When Will Disneyland Reopen?, February 23, 2021
- 2021 & 2022 Walt Disney World Vacation Packages Now Available!, December 31, 2020
- Disney+ Upcoming Movies and Shows with Release Dates, July 28, 2020
- When Will Disney World Reopen?, April 20, 2020