Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (Disney World Ride)
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance is an amazing new attraction coming to Disneyland and Disney World’s Disney’s Hollywood Studios in the new Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge area. The attraction puts guests in the middle of an epic battle between the Resistance and the First Order.
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Description:
According to Disney, “guests will traverse the corridors of a Star Destroyer and join an epic battle between the First Order and the Resistance – including a faceoff with Kylo Ren – when Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opens Dec. 5, 2019, at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and Jan. 17, 2020, at Disneyland Resort in California. At 14 acres each, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland, now open, and at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, opening Aug. 29, 2019, is Disney’s largest single-themed land expansion ever. “
Disney recently released a fair amount of updates about the ride in preparation for Galaxy’s Edge’s opening. Here are all the new ride details (source):
- Guests will join the Resistance and depart from Batuu in a transport ship to meet General Leia Organa at a secret rendezvous point. However, on their way to the hidden base, guests are intercepted and taken prisoner by the First Order as their ship is drawn into the hangar bay of a Star Destroyer. The action then ramps up as guests seek to escape the clutches of Kylo Ren and the First Order.
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will bring guests face to face with some of their favorite Star Wars characters, including Resistance heroes Rey, Poe and Finn, as well as Kylo Ren and General Hux of the First Order.
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance is one of the largest attractions Disney has ever created. Its massive show building is a world unto itself, housing two full-sized AT-AT walkers and a Star Destroyer hangar bay – complete with a TIE fighter and a garrison of Stormtroopers – plus more thrills and surprises.
- Walt Disney Imagineering will combine multiple ride systems to tell the story of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. In one sequence, a new simulator experience will give the sensation to guests they are falling from space to crash land on Batuu.
- During a portion of the experience, guests will race through a Star Destroyer in a trackless ride vehicle featuring an onboard droid that reacts to its surroundings.
Here is a cool teaser video which, according to the Disney Parks Blog, was shot in the actual attraction.
and here is a deeper dive into the ride experience from (Disney-owned) Good Morning America:
Disney Park(s) in this Post:Disney’s Hollywood StudiosDisneyland Park
- Virtual Queue Update for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance at Disney’s Hollywood Studios Beginning July 24, July 23, 2020
- Virtual Queue Update for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, July 11, 2020
- No Virtual Queues or Single Rider Upon Walt Disney World Theme Park Reopening, Including Rise of the Resistance, June 20, 2020
- Update on Rise of the Resistance boarding groups including changes to return window, January 28, 2020
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Now Open at Disneyland Park, January 18, 2020
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Invites Guests into an Immersive Adventure of Galactic Proportions, January 11, 2020
- Get ‘Resistance Ready’ for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, Launching Jan. 17 at Disneyland Park,
- Virtual Queue at Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Opens with Advertised Park Hours, December 19, 2019
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Debuts at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, December 6, 2019
- John Williams Receives GRAMMY Nomination for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Theme, November 23, 2019
- New details emerge for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance at Disney, October 21, 2019
- Disney’s Rise of the Resistance ride is at least 15 minutes long, October 2, 2019
- Freeform airing Rise of the Resistance sneak peek, August 10, 2019
- Timing for Opening of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Announced, July 12, 2019
- Disney Clarifies What You Can and Cannot Wear at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, June 12, 2019
- Drone video, aerial photos offer first look at X-Wings and TIE fighter in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland, March 14, 2019
- Will Disney’s New ‘Star Wars’ Ride Be The Most Ambitious Theme Park Attraction Ever Built?, March 9, 2019