Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover (Disney World Ride)
Here is everything you need to know about Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom’s PeopleMover ride including history, fun facts, photos and more. I hope you find this listing informative and helpful!
Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover Description:
Take off from Rockettower Plaza for an elevated ride into the world of tomorrow. Ascend a conveyor belt to an open-air loading dock and board a moving PeopleMover tram for a leisurely outdoor and indoor voyage through Tomorrowland.
During your breezy, narrated 10-minute tour, go behind the scenes of some of Tomorrowland’s most popular attractions, including:
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin, home to a galactic battle between Buzz Lightyear and Emperor Zurg
- Space Mountain, where the darkest regions of space and time collide on a rip-roaring rocket ride
- Mickey’s Star Traders retail shop, offering a supernova of one-of-a-kind, Disney space collectibles
- Early architectural models of Progress City, a conceptual predecessor of Epcot
The attraction—originally called the WEDWay PeopleMover—opened on July 1, 1975 and was based on the PeopleMover at Disneyland park.
Disney Park(s) in this Post:Magic Kingdom Park
- Disney Could Be Making Major Update to Beloved PeopleMover, March 1, 2022
- The PeopleMover Has Finally Reopened at Disney World!, April 26, 2021
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover Refurbishment Unexpectedly Extended Again Until May 2021, April 1, 2021
- Peoplemover Refurbishment now extended into April, February 24, 2021
- PeopleMover Refurbishment Extended AGAIN (!!!) in Disney World, January 30, 2021
- Walt Disney World Vacation Packages for 2023 Now Available!
- A Complete Rundown of Epcot Changes from 2019-2022
- 10 Things You Should Be Excited For At Walt Disney World in 2022
- The Main Benefits of Genie Plus at Walt Disney World (yes, there are a few)
- 2022 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival Details | Disney World Resources