TRON Lightcycle Power Run (Disney World Ride)
TRON Lightcycle Power Run Description:
The new TRON LIghtcycle Power Run ride is assumed to be similar to the Shanghai Disney Resort ride of the same name. The ride will be heavily themed to resemble the look and feel of the groundbreaking 1982 Disney movie TRON.
Where Will the TRON Ride be Located?
The new ride will be locate behind Space Mountain in the Magic Kingdom’s Tomorrowland. It is a previously-undeveloped spot that will likely either abut or incorporate the Walt Disney World Railroad. It will also be located near the Tomorrowland Speedway, which will be altered to accommodate the new ride. Both the Railroad and Speedway will close for part of 2019 as construction takes over their current space.
Ride construction began in February 2018 and can be seen from Fantasyland’s Storybook Circus.
When Will TRON Open?
The ride is currently slated for opening in August 2021 in time for Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary celebration.
The TRON Lightcycle Power Run will be a coaster-style attraction that allows riders to board a train of two-wheeled Lightcycles for a thrilling race through the digital frontier.
Disney Park(s) in this Post:Magic Kingdom Park
- Construction Work Reportedly Resumes on TRON Lightcycle Run at the Magic Kingdom During Extended Closure, May 23, 2020
- TRON Lightcycles Now On Display to Guests in Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom Park, December 18, 2019
- TRON Lightcycle / Run Attraction Milestone Reached at Magic Kingdom Park, November 26, 2019
- Costumes and Ride Vehicles Revealed for TRON Lightcycle Run in Disney World’s Magic Kingdom, August 23, 2019
- Tron coaster could be first piece of a new Tomorrowland in Disney World, May 28, 2019
- Exciting Progress is Being Made on the TRON Attraction Coming to Magic Kingdom Park, May 17, 2019
- TRON Attraction Construction Milestone Celebrated at Magic Kingdom Park, March 14, 2019
- Current Progress on the Upcoming Tron Coaster at Walt Disney World, February 24, 2019
- Permit filed to begin TRON coaster track installation at the Magic Kingdom, February 2, 2019
- PHOTOS: Tomorrowland Speedway Track Removed for TRON Roller Coaster Construction, January 9, 2019
- Attention Users: Tron Attraction Update Now Loading…, August 10, 2018