Under the Sea- Journey of The Little Mermaid (Disney World Ride)
Under the Sea- Journey of The Little Mermaid Description:
In Under the Sea- Journey of The Little Mermaid, relive the tale of how one lucky little mermaid found true love—and legs!
Enter Prince Eric’s castle through an underground cavern at low tide, board a colorful clamshell and take the plunge. You’ll become part of a world where mermaids dream of dancing, fish form a conga line, evil sea witches ensnare souls and unlikely pairs fall in love… and live happily ever after.
Look at This Stuff
Hear classic songs, relive magical moments and visit memorable places from Disney’s The Little Mermaid during your underwater adventure—from Ariel’s gadget-filled grotto to a boisterous crab-conducted bandstand to a sinister eel-infested lair.
Emerge from the ocean’s depths and watch as Prince Eric and Ariel exchange intimate gazes aboard a rowboat then celebrate their union with a fairytale wedding finale. Immersive special effects make you feel like you’re really there, while new hand-drawn animation sequences depict Ariel as she is best known and loved.
On your undersea journey, you’ll encounter an ocean of beloved characters from the film, including Ariel, Prince Eric, Sebastian, Flounder, Scuttle, King Triton and Ursula the sea witch—looming over you at 7.5 feet tall and 12 feet wide! (source)
Fun Facts and Statistics:
- There are 183 characters included in the attraction.
- 70% of the attraction’s characters are in the Under the Sea scene.
- The Ursula audio-animatronic is 7.5 feet tall and 12 feet wide.
- More than 20,000 live and artificial plants decorate the attraction, inside and out.
Ride experience video:
Disney Character(s) in this Post:Ariel (The Little Mermaid)
- Meet Ariel and Belle at Disney World’s New Fantasyland, January 8, 2013
- Inside Disney’s New Fantasyland, December 22, 2012