The Walt Disney Company announced today that they are donating $1 million to the OneOrlando Fund, a fund set up to help the victims of Sunday morning’s shootings in Orlando.
Disney also announced that donations from Disney employees to the fund will be matched dollar for dollar by the Disney Employee Matching Gifts: A Program of the Walt Disney Company Foundation.
That isn’t all. Disney will also hold blood drives at 5 locations on property for cast members to benefit OneBlood and they are offering complimentary resort accommodations for friends and families of the victims.
According to the company’s release today:
“We are heartbroken by this tragedy and hope our commitment will help those in the community affected by this senseless act,” said Bob Chapek, chairman, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. “With 74,000 Cast Members who call Orlando home, we mourn the loss of the victims and offer our condolences to their families, friends and loved ones.”
More information about the OneOrlando Fund can be found at www.oneorlando.org.
- What is Disney Doing for Disney World’s 50th Anniversary?, February 24, 2021
- When Will Disneyland Reopen?, February 23, 2021
- 2021 & 2022 Walt Disney World Vacation Packages Now Available!, December 31, 2020
- Disney+ Upcoming Movies and Shows with Release Dates, July 28, 2020
- When Will Disney World Reopen?, April 20, 2020