Disney World at Halloween is a truly amazing place and fun for your entire family. Disney has released the 2017 dates for their beloved Disney World Halloween party, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. Here are those dates and everything else we know so far about this year’s celebration.
Disney World’s Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2017 Dates:
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party will run from 7pm-midnight on the following dates in 2017:
- August 25, 29
- September 1, 7, 10, 12, 15, 17, 19, 22, 24, 26, 29
- October 1, 3, 5, 6, 9, 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20, 22, 24, 26, 27, 29, 31
- November 1
Disney World’s Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2017 Ticket Pricing:
Admission for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party starts at:
- $74 per person ages 10+
- $69 ages 3-9
Disney World’s Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2017 Costume Guidlines:
Before you arrive dressed up for the occasion, please read the official costume guidelines at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party for children and adults.
Disney World’s Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2017 Special Events:
We already know that a few of the more popular Magic Kingdom Halloween events are returning including the Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular stage show in front of Cinderella Castle, Mickey’s “Boo-to-You” Halloween Parade and the “Happy HalloWishes” fireworks show.
Here is a bit more detail on some of the Disney World Halloween special events (source)
- Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular. Chills, thrills and villains join in a wickedly fun celebration hosted by the Sanderson Sisters, a trio of witch sisters from Disney’s live action film Hocus Pocus. The mischievous sisters are joined by dancers, more Disney Villains and other-worldly visual effects. It’s a Halloween party not to be missed, and it takes place at Cinderella Castle Forecourt Stage.
- Happy HalloWishes. This fireworks spectacle high above the Cinderella Castle lights the night. Guests are encouraged to sing along with some of the most infamous Disney Villains, including Cruella de Vil, Jafar and Oogie Boogie. Creepy colors crawl over the castle, a spell is cast and it’s every guest for themselves.
- Mickey’s “Boo-to-You” Halloween Parade. Led by the Headless Horseman, it’s masquerade mania as favorite Disney characters dress up for the occasion and ghostly floats bring the frights and sounds of the season to Main Street, U.S.A. and other Magic Kingdom viewing locations.
- Cadaver Dans Barbershop Quartet. Deadpan humor and other antics from this Dapper Dans-style “band” scare up the fun in Frontierland.
Worth noting is the parade will be stepping off later than usual. This year’s Mickey’s Boo-to-You Halloween parade will begin at 9:15pm and 11:15pm. The Happy HalloWishes fireworks show will begin at 10:15pm and the Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular shows will run at 8:15pm, 10:45pm and 12am.
Disney World’s Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2017 Special PhotoPass Opportunities:
While you’re materializing around the park during the event, don’t forget to take advantage of wicked party-exclusive Magic Shots, Animated Magic Shots, and photo opportunities from Disney PhotoPass Service. Below you’ll find which enchanting photo ops will be available and information about where you can unearth them during the party.
During parties, there are also a number of festive props you can use in your photos at various locations around the park, a spirited photo opportunity inspired by the 1929 Silly Symphony “The Skeleton Dance” near Ariel’s Grotto available after dark, and a lamp inspired by the Haunted Mansion cemetery watchman that you can include in your photos near the attraction entrance beginning around 8 p.m.
Disney World Attractions Open During Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2017:
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- “It’s a small world”
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Mad Tea Party
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid
- Astro Orbiter
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Space Mountain
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
Here is a recap of the 2016 Disney World’s Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party along with some pics I took while attending.
Of course, as Halloween draws nearer and more details are released, I will be sure to update this post