Here is everything you need to know about Walt Disney World’s Epcot’s extinct Walt Disney Imagineering Presents the Epcot Experience exhibit including history, fun facts, photos and more. I hope you find this listing informative and helpful!
Walt Disney Imagineering Presents the Epcot Experience | Disney World Description
Walt Disney Imagineering Presents the Epcot Experience is a new Epcot exhibit opening on October 1, 2019 in the Odyssey Events Pavilion (former Odyssey Restaurant).
Here is a quick description from the Disney Parks Blog of what visitors to this exhibit can expect (source):
360-Degree Film Presentation
- Guests enter a large, circular, darkened room where they are surrounded by a seamless, 360-degree, floor-to-ceiling screen showing a continuous 12-minute film celebrating the past, present and future of Epcot.
- The immersive presentation displays archival footage going back well before Epcot opened in 1982, taking guests on a journey to present day and beyond. It showcases new pavilion icons that will integrate into the park, and previews experiences in development with vignettes featuring:
- In the center of the room, a three-dimensional artfully designed model of Epcot appears to continuously change in time with the film, as projection-mapping technology highlights different areas of the park in special ways.
- Altogether, the space uses 30 projectors to bring the experience to life and take guests along on the journey of this ambitious next chapter in Epcot’s legacy.
Dimensional Photo Opportunities
Guests can have their pictures taken inside four dimensional photo locations specially designed for the Epcot Experience. Perfect for sharing on social media, these photo ops make it seem as if guests are standing atop the iconic Spaceship Earth geosphere or shrunk to the size of Remy from Disney and Pixar’s “Ratatouille,” among others.
Display Cases Showcasing Special Items
Throughout the Epcot Experience, display cases feature artifacts, memorabilia and other fascinating items showcasing the past, present and future of Epcot. Pieces include:
- An Epcot park map and medallion from opening day, Oct. 1, 1982, plus a commemorative opening day park ticket
- Epcot pin sets from 1982 and present day
- Models and concept art for future Epcot experiences
The Epcot Experience also features attraction posters from throughout the park’s history, plus experiences still on the horizon. Grab-and-go food and drinks are available inside, as well, along with tables and seating.
Walt Disney Imagineering Presents the Epcot Experience | Disney World Details
- EPCOT Experience Closing Permanently on March 14, March 12, 2022
- The Odyssey Pavilion Is Getting A Paint Job For The Epcot Experience in Disney World!, September 22, 2019
- The Classic ImageWorks Rainbow Tunnel Will Return in the New “Epcot Experience Center” Inside The Odyssey Later This Year, June 20, 2019