With the success of its food and wine and flower and garden festivals, Disney introduced a new festival to the mix at Epcot last year to fill in a bit of the gap between the two. The Epcot International Festival of the Arts was established in 2016 as a relatively short winter celebration of the arts and proved to be a popular option. Visitors to the festival enjoyed all types of creative shows, workshops, displays and more.
It was announced this week that the Epcot International Festival of the Arts returns this year with one pretty significant change. Here is what we currently know:
- The Epcot International Festival of the Arts will take place from January 12- February 19, 2018.
- The biggest change announced so far is that it has been expanded from a weekend-only event to a 7 day a week event.
Here is more information on the festival from the Disney Parks blog:
Guests can kick off 2018 with world-class cuisine, remarkable visual art and an extraordinary lineup of live entertainment. Introduce your inner aficionado to an exciting extravaganza brimming with phenomenal artists, gourmet fare, musical performances, stage productions and other amazing acts. We’ve rolled everything you love about the arts into one spectacular festival.
Epcot International Festival of the Arts features:
- Seminars and workshops from top Disney, local and nationally-renowned artists including classes on drawing animation, photography and the art of making topiaries – just to name a few
- More than a half a dozen specially-created food studios offering a wealth of “artistic” culinary delights
- A host of performing artists that build on Epcot’s already stellar lineup of authentic performers
- And, my favorite, the Disney on Broadway series featuring performers from some of the best Disney Theatrical productions
Epcot International Festival of the Arts Musical Acts:
- Matboukha Groove – With a name that means “cooked,” this returning act spices up the promenade with a unique and entertaining fusion of World Music styles. Catch Matboukha Groove’s Epcot encore at the Morocco stage Jan. 1- July 1, 2018.
- Groovin’ Alps – Grab your lederhosen and get ready to dance along with this high-energy German percussion band. This brand-new group brings the sounds of the mountains to Epcot with Bavarian folk tunes played on items found on a dairy farm. Find Groovin’ Alps in Germany from Jan. 10 – March 27, 2018.
- Bodh’aktan – Returning to once again rock Canada’s Mill Stage with the fun of kilts, jeans, sweat and beards, Bodh’aktan mixes Quebecois, folk, and polka to make fantastic rock and dance music. Join the party Jan. 12-28, 2018!
Epcot International Festival of the Arts “Disney on Broadway” series:
“Disney on Broadway is a theatrical performance which occurs on America Gardens Theatre stage in Epcot’s World Showcase. It runs Fridays-Mondays at 5:30, 6:45 and 8pm. Here is the lineup:
- January 12-15 and 19-22: Kara Lindsay (NEW!) and Kevin Massey, who will perform songs from “Tarzan,” “Aladdin,” “Newsies” and “Frozen.”
- January 26-29 and February 2-5: Kissy Simmons and Alton Fitzgerald White, who will perform songs from “Tarzan,” “The Lion King,” “Aida,” “Aladdin,” and “The Little Mermaid.”
- February 9-12 and 16-19: Ashley Brown and Josh Strickland, who will perform songs from “Beauty and the Beast,” “The Little Mermaid,” “Tarzan,” “Mary Poppins,” “Newsies” and “Frozen.”
Five New Food Studios for 2018:
As with most Epcot events, the International Festival of the arts will have a number of kiosks setup throughout World Showcase, which will act as Food Studios. At these studios, guests can try quick dishes that are as pleasing to the eyes as they are to the palate.
In addition to last year’s food studios (The Artist’s Table, Masterpiece Kitchen and The Painter’s Palate, The Deconstructed Dish, Cuisine Classique, Pop Eats!, Decadent Delights), Disney has set up five more stops:
- “L’Art de la Cuisine Française” or “The Art of French Cooking” in the France Pavilion
- “Mosaic Canteen” in the Morocco Pavilion
- “Takumi Table” in the Japan Pavilion
- L’Arte di Mangiare” or “The Art of Eating” in the Italy Pavilion
- “The Painted Panda” in the China Pavilion
A complete list of Food Studios and menus are at The Culinary Arts: Food Studios.
For more information on the Festival, click over to www.disneyworld.com/ArtfulEpcot or call 407-WDW-DINE or 407-939-3463.