If you haven’t been to Disney Springs (formerly known as Downtown Disney) lately, you probably won’t recognize it much. There have been a number of layout changes and additions over the past couple of years during the Disney Springs transformation from an entertainment/retail venue to a full retail and dining experience.
Now, with the completion of the ambitious Town Center district (formerly a parking lot) and The Landing district (formerly Pleasure Island) nearing, there is going to be a plethora of additional changes and additions over the next few months. Here is a quick rundown of what to expect for your next Disney World visit.
4 Distinct Disney Springs Districts:
Disney Springs will be broken up into 4 themed districts.
- The Town Center district will be a large shopping experience with the newest stores (see below) being located here.
- The Landing is a waterfront district that features a number of new and revamped dining options.
- The Marketplace district is the more traditional and recognizable portion of Disney Springs that features family friendly retail shops including the flagship World of Disney store.
- The West Side is the entertainment section of Disney Springs featuring a number of dinner and activity venues including Cirque du Soleil.
30 New Disney Springs Shops & Restaurants:
Disney has announced that more than 30 new tenants will be setting up shop in Disney Springs Town Center by the end of the summer, bringing the total number to 150. Many of the new stores and restaurants will open on May 15th with more opening regularly until approximately July 1.
Some of the new Town Center restaurants shared in the announcement include:
- Sprinkles Cupcakes (with an a cupcake ATM Machine)
- Blaze Pizza
- Amorette’s Patisserie
- D-Luxe Burger
- Homecoming: Florida Kitchen and Southern Shine
- Tablas Frontera
Some of the new Town Center retailers include:
- ALEX AND ANI
- American Threads
- Coca-Cola Store
- Columbia Sportswear
- Edward Beiner
- Everything But Water
- Free People
- JOHNNY WAS
- Johnston & Murphy
- kate spade new york
- Lilly Pulitzer
- L’Occitane En Provence
- Lucky Brand
- Luxury of Time by Diamonds International
- M·A·C Cosmetics
- Melissa Shoes
- Na Hoku
- Tommy Bahama
- TROPHY ROOM
- Under Armour
- Vince Camuto
- Vera Bradley
3 New Disney Springs Food Kiosks:
Disney will be introducing three new food kiosks at the Disney Springs Town Center in May.
- The Daily Poutine: A place to get your heart-attack inducing gourmet french fries with your choice of a Latin, French Canadian or Italian influence. Opens May 15th.
- B.B Wolf’s Sausage Co.: A place to get your artisan sausages and a draft beer. Opens May 15th.
- Aristocrepes: A place to fulfill your crepe addiction with a number of options for anyone looking for a savory or sweet snack. Opens May 22nd.
There you have it. These are some of the changes you will notice this summer at Disney Springs. If you visit in the future, be sure to leave a comment below and let us know what your favorite new shop or restaurant is!
Be the first to comment on "The New Disney Springs: Everything You Need to Know"