Disney/Marvel has announced the release date for their blockbuster hit Avengers: Infinity War on DVD and Blu-Ray. Here is what we know…
Avengers: Infinity War will be released on Digital (in HD and 4K Ultra HD) and Movies Anywhere July 31st, and on Blu-ray and DVD on August 14th. It can be pre-ordered from Best Buy here. (affiliate link).
This announcement comes as the movie is STILL in movie theaters and adding to its amazing total of $2 billion+ at the box office. globally.
The Blu-ray and Digital versions will include 2 hours of new content including:
- Strange Alchemy (5:08)– Share the thrill of characters from across the MCU meeting for the first time—and discover why some were teamed up together.
- The Mad Titan (6:34) – Explore the MCU’s biggest, baddest villain, his trail of influence through the stories, and the existential threat he represents.
- Beyond the Battle: Titan (9:36) – Dive into the climactic struggle on Thanos’ ruined world, including the epic stunts and VFX, to uncover the source of its power.
- Beyond the Battle: Wakanda (10:58) – Go behind the scenes to find out how the filmmakers pulled off the most massive and challenging battle Marvel had ever attempted.
- Deleted and Extended Scenes (10:07)
- Happy Knows Best (1:23) – Tony and Pepper spar over the details of their upcoming wedding—until a hassled Happy Hogan pulls up with an urgent request.
- Hunt for the Mind Stone (1:24) – On a darkened street, Wanda Maximoff and the wounded Vision attempt to hide from Thanos’ brutal allies.
- The Guardians Get Their Groove Back (3:20) – As Peter Quill and Drax quarrel over their failed mission to Knowhere, Mantis interrupts with news.
- A Father’s Choice (4:00) – Thanos confronts Gamora with a vision from her past—and with lying to him about the Soul Stone.
- Gag Reel (2:05)– Watch your favorite Super Heroes make super gaffes in this lighthearted collection of on-set antics.
- Audio Commentary (approx. 149 min.) by Anthony and Joe Russo, Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely
Exclusive to the digital version:
- A Directors’ Roundtable (approx. 32 min.) – Eight amazing directors reflect on how their movies contribute to the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s larger storytelling adventure.
There was no date given yet for Avengers: Infinity War’s streaming release on Netflix, but it will presumably be on the video-streaming service about 2 months after the Blu-Ray is released.
Here is a quick teaser Marvel released earlier today to announce the release: