Disney has announced that their latest installment of the Star Wars franchise, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, will be released on Digital (in HD and 4K Ultra HD) and Movies Anywhere March 13t, and on Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and On-Demand on March 27th. The Star Wars: The Last Jedi Blu-Ray can be pre-ordered from Amazon here. (affiliate link)
There was no date given yet for The Last Jedi’s streaming release on Netflix, but it will presumably be on the video-streaming service a few months after the Blu-Ray is released.
The Star Wars: The Last Jedi Blu-Ray will come with a number of bonus features. Here is a rundown of what is included:
- The Director and the Jedi – Go deep behind the scenes with writer-director Rian Johnson on an intimate and personal journey through the production of the movie—and experience what it’s like to helm a global franchise and cultural phenomenon.
- Balance of the Force – Explore the mythology of the Force and why Rian Johnson chose to interpret its role in such a unique way.
- Scene Breakdowns
- Lighting the Spark: Creating the Space Battle – Get a close-up look at the epic space battle, from the sounds that help propel the action, through the practical and visual effects, to the characters who bring it all to life.
- Snoke and Mirrors – Motion capture and Star Wars collide as the filmmakers take us through the detailed process of creating the movie’s malevolent master villain.
- Showdown on Crait – Break down everything that went into creating the stunning world seen in the movie’s final confrontation, including the interplay between real-word locations and visual effects, reimagining the walkers, designing the crystal foxes, and much more.
- Andy Serkis Live! (One Night Only) – Writer-director Rian Johnson presents two exclusive sequences from the movie featuring Andy Serkis’ riveting, raw on-set performance before his digital makeover into Snoke.
- Deleted Scenes – With an introduction and optional commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
- Audio Commentary – View the movie with in-depth feature audio commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.