The Walt Disney Company reported their 2nd Quarter Fiscal Year 2016 (Q1 calendar year) earnings and the results were decent, but did indicate a few rocky patches.
Here are a few highlights:
- $2.1 billion in quarterly income which was $35 million more than the same quarter last year
- $12.9 billion in quarterly revenue which was $500 million more than the same quarter last year
- Slightly lower revenue (minus $20 million) from media networks (cable & broadcast) from the same quarter last year
- 4% increase in revenue from parks and resorts from the same quarter last year
- 22% increase in revenue from studio entertainment from the same quarter last year
- 2% decrease in revenue from consumer products & interactive media from the same quarter last year (see also RIP Disney Infinity)
- They saw an increase in attendance at Disneyland Resort, but a “modest decrease” in Walt Disney World Resort attendance
There is much to look forward to in the next quarter for Disney with Shanghai Disneyland’s opening, Captain America: Civil War and Finding Dory reaching blockbuster status, Disney Springs’ expansion and a Disney’s growing presence in the mobile gaming market just a few of the headlines for FY2016 Q3.
For more revenue, attendance and other Disney Statistics, please visit: 100 Amazing Disney Statistics and Fun Facts.
Be the first to comment on "Walt Disney Company Reports Quarterly Earnings"