While the global pandemic has wrecked havoc on countless corporations for the better part of a calendar year, one company that has really felt maximum impact is Disney. On just about every front, Disney has suffered as entertainment seekers have avoided movie theaters and vacations.
While the Disney+ platform has proved to be a bit of an offset for Disney’s box office setbacks, there has been no formidable replacement for closed theme parks. One of the Disney parks that has been most conspicuously (and, depending on who you ask, notoriously) closed for most of the COVID era has been Disneyland Resort in California.
One of the most common questions of the past 12 months is ‘When will Disneyland reopen?” While we don’t have a definitive date as to when things at Disneyland will get back to ‘normal,’ this piece will serve as my open rundown of updates from California. There have been a number of signs lately that a reopen date is close, so I will be posting the latest news about Disneyland’s reopening here. As always, I will be updating this post regularly as info is released, so be sure to check back often.
3/5/21 BIG NEWS just broke in California:
California officials have given the greenlight to Disneyland and other theme parks in the state to reopen on April 1st. Although Disney has not commented publicly on this late-week ruling, it is a great sign of a light at the end of the tunnel for Disneyland fans. Here is more on this announcement from CNBC.
Previous Disneyland Reopening News:
- 2/24/21: Disneyland Resort Introduces A Touch of Disney, a New, Limited-Capacity Ticketed Experience at Disney California Adventure Park Beginning March 18
- 2/20/21: Disneyland To Consider Adding Dedicated Entrance for Passholders
- 2/17/21: Anaheim City Council Votes in Favor of California Assembly Bill To Accelerate Disneyland Reopening
- 1/27/21: Disneyland Calling Cast Members Back for Buena Vista Street Dining Locations
- 1/26/21: Dining Returns to Disneyland Resort as State Restrictions Loosen
- Disneyland Gets Green Light to Increase Capacity, May 20, 2021
- Gov. Gavin Newsom Says There Will Be No Outdoor Mask Mandate After June 15 In California, May 12, 2021
- Disneyland Park Gets Ready to Reopen in ‘For the First Time in Forever’, April 28, 2021
- Disneyland Ticket Demand Overwhelming, Leading To Long Delays, April 18, 2021
- Attractions and Entertainment Reopening Details for Disneyland Resort Theme Parks, April 10, 2021
- Here’s What You Need to Know About Disneyland Resort’s Reopening, Including Theme Park Reservations and Tickets, April 7, 2021
- Magic is Back at Disneyland Resort! Theme Parks Plan to Reopen on April 30, March 18, 2021
- Disneyland Resort to Reopen Without Avengers Campus, March 10, 2021
- California eases Covid rules, giving Disneyland and other theme parks go-ahead for limited reopening April 1, March 5, 2021