Effective Date: May 24, 2018
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
2 Information Collection, Use, and Sharing:
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us directly via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
Information collected from you may be used to:
- Create a personalized experience when you visit disneynews.us
- Improve customer service and customer experience
- To send periodic notifications (Note: emails from disneynews.us contain unsubscribe options in case you chose to no longer be contacted by us).
We use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
We use different types of cookies to run this website. Many of the cookies placed through our Website are session cookies, while others are persistent cookies, and some are “first-party” cookies, while others are “third-party” cookies.
- First-party cookies are those set by a website that is being visited by the user at the time (e.g., cookies placed by disneynews.us).
- Third-party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the website being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and another entity sets a cookie through that website, this would be a third-party cookie. We strive to limit third-party cookie usage as much as possible.
- Persistent cookies are cookies that remain on a user’s device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
- Session cookies are cookies that allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
2.2 Third Party Cookies:
- Google: This site allows Google analytics to collect data about our site traffic via Google advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers as well as Google AdSense to serve advertisements. Information about how Google manages data in its ads products can be found here. We will not facilitate the merging of personally identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information collected through any Google advertising product without your prior consent to that merger. You may opt-out of the Google Analytics Advertiser Features by going here.
- DoubleClick: DoubleClick’s cookies are used by Google for re-targeting , optimizing, reporting and attribution of Google advertisements. For more information about what DoubleClick collects, please visit here.
- AddThis: AddThis provides you with tools that collect information from visitors to your website or mobile device application. This information does not directly identify an individual and is instead designed to identify the devices used by your visitors. AddThis’ opt-out form can be found here.
2.3 How to manage cookies:
All internet browsers allow you to manage your cookie preferences that are stored on your computer, including being able to decline cookies completely. However, if you decline them you will find a reduced functionality on this website. You can delete cookies at any time or opt to have your browser prevent them in the future, and the way this is managed depends on the browser you have.
This web site contains numerous links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
2.4 Child Privacy:
The content of this site is designed for a general audience and does not contain content specifically directed at children. Child privacy and protection is of utmost concern to us and if we suspect any user is under the age of 13, we will swiftly remove any and all personal information from our site databases.
3 Your Access to and Control Over Information:
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time to:
- Request a copy of any data associated with you that has been recorded by this website
- Have us delete any data we have about you from our site database.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
To do so, please visit our Data Access Request Form.
3.1 Sale of Website:
If this website is sold in the future, site assets will likely be included in the sale, potentially including information collected on this website. In such case, this information, including customer information, would become the property of the company purchasing the website.
We take precautions to protect your information but we make no assurances about our ability to prevent any loss, misuse, to you or to any third-party arising out of any such loss, misuse, or alteration.
6 Updates to this Policy:
7 Contacting Us: