Here is everything you need to know about the amazing Disney movie Make Mine Music including casting, reviews, fun facts and more. I hope you find this listing informative and helpful!
Contents of this article:
- Make Mine Music Description
- Make Mine Music Cast
- Make Mine Music Crew
- Make Mine Music Details
- Make Mine Music Trailer
Make Mine Music Description
“Make Mine Music” is an animated anthology film produced by Walt Disney Productions and released in 1946. It is the eighth animated feature film in the Disney animated classics series. The film consists of ten segments, each featuring a different musical theme and showcasing various animation styles.
The segments in “Make Mine Music” are as follows:
The Martins and the Coys: A hillbilly feud between two families set to music.
Blue Bayou: A visually stunning sequence featuring the song “Blue Bayou” sung by the Ken Darby Chorus, accompanied by atmospheric animation.
All the Cats Join In: A fun and energetic segment that depicts teenagers dancing to the swing music of Benny Goodman.
Without You: A romantic story of lost love set to the song “Without You” by Andy Russell.
Casey at the Bat: A humorous adaptation of the famous poem about a baseball player named Casey.
Two Silhouettes: A ballad about two romantic silhouettes that come to life.
Peter and the Wolf: A narrated segment with music composed by Sergei Prokofiev, telling the story of Peter and his animal friends as they capture a wolf.
After You’ve Gone: A jazz-infused segment featuring Benny Goodman and his orchestra.
Johnny Fedora and Alice Bluebonnet: A romantic love story involving two hats brought to life.
The Whale Who Wanted to Sing at the Met: The story of a whale who dreams of becoming an opera singer.
“Make Mine Music” was created during World War II when the Disney studio faced financial challenges. Due to the war and its impact on European markets, Disney had to scale back on producing full-length animated features. As a result, they opted for an anthology format to create a series of shorter animated segments, each set to music.
The film received mixed reviews upon release, as some segments were well-received for their creativity and animation, while others were criticized for being too experimental or disconnected. Despite the mixed critical reception, “Make Mine Music” has gained a cult following over the years and is appreciated for its unique storytelling approach and its showcase of different animation techniques.
Over time, many of the individual segments have been featured in various Disney compilations and TV shows, keeping the spirit of “Make Mine Music” alive for new generations of Disney fans.
Make Mine Music Fun Facts
- “Make Mine Music” is a 1946 animated musical film produced by Walt Disney Productions. It is a compilation of several musical segments set to various styles of music, ranging from classical to jazz, and features a mix of animation styles.
- The film is often considered one of Disney’s “package films,” which were created during World War II when the studio faced financial challenges. These package films consisted of shorter segments compiled into a single feature-length movie.
- One of the most well-known segments in “Make Mine Music” is “Peter and the Wolf,” which sets Sergei Prokofiev’s composition to an animated story. Each character in the story is represented by a different musical instrument, making it an educational and entertaining piece for children and adults alike.
Make Mine Music Cast
- Nelson Eddy: Narrator
- Dinah Shore: Singer (Two Silhouettes)
- Benny Goodman: Musician (All the Cats Join In/After You’ve Gone)
- The Andrews Sisters: Singers (Johnnie Fedora and Alice Bluebonnet)
- Jerry Colonna: Narrator (Casey at the Bat)
- Sterling Holloway: Narrator (Peter and the Wolf)
- Andy Russell: Singer (Without You)
- David Lichine: Dancer (Two Silhouettes)
- Tania Riabouchinskaya: Dancer (Two Silhouettes)
- The Pied Pipers: Singers
- The King’s Men: Singers (The Martins and the Coys)
- The Ken Darby: Chorus Singers (Blue Bayou)
Make Mine Music Crew
- Directors: Jack Kinney, Clyde Geronimi, Hamilton Luske, Joshua Meador and Robert Cormack
- Producer: Walt Disney
- Writers: James Bordrero, Homer Brightman, Erwin Graham, Eric Gurney, T. Hee, Sylvia Holland, Dick Huemer, Dick Kelsey, Jesse Marsh, Tom Oreb, Cap Palmer, Erdman Penner, Harry Reeves, Dick Shaw, John Walbridge and Roy Williams
- Music: Eliot Daniel, Ken Darby, Charles Wolcott, Oliver Wallace and Edward Plumb
Make Mine Music Trailer: