Fancy Nancy (Disney Junior)
Disney recently brought a new children’s series, based on the popular children’s book series Fancy Nancy, to the small screen. Here is what we know.
Fancy Nancy made its debut on Disney Junior on Friday, July 13th.
Fancy Nancy Description:
Fancy Nancy is animated show based on the series of books written by Jane O’Connor and will air on Disney Junior. The show focuses on the main character Nancy, played by Mia Sinclair Jenness. Here is a quick synopsis from Disney about the show’s plot:
Based on the New York Times bestselling book series, Disney Junior’s animated family comedy “Fancy Nancy” follows six-year-old Nancy Clancy, a high-spirited young girl whose imagination and enthusiasm for all that is exquisite transforms the ordinary into the extraordinary – from her vast vocabulary to her creative and elaborate attire.
Geared towards kids ages 2-7, each episode features two 11-minute humorous and heartfelt stories that showcase themes of self-expression, originality and love of family. Young viewers are introduced to the problem-solving power of imagination through the relatable, imperfect Nancy and the comical situations she gets herself into.
A creator and true optimist, Nancy is unapologetically herself and holds a steadfast vision of what she expects in the world. Her unwavering belief that she can accomplish her grand ideas encourages those around her to pursue all types of adventures. With help from her sensible best friend Bree, Nancy uses ingenuity and resourcefulness to exemplify that even if life doesn’t always go as planned, it’s important to make the most of each day and encourage others to do the same.
Nancy demonstrates a love of language and invites young viewers to expand their vocabulary by learning French, or, in her mind, “fancy ways,” to say everyday words. Music also plays an important role in the series, with almost every episode featuring new original songs showcasing a variety of musical styles ranging from pop and jazz to big band, classical and swing. The theme song, “Add a Little Fancy,” is written and produced by Matthew Tishler (“Austin and Ally,” “Teen Beach 2”) and the original underscore is composed by TJ Hill.
Nancy’s family consists of her parents, Claire and Doug Clancy, a united team whose parenting style focuses on empowering their children to think for themselves and draw their own conclusions; three-year-old sister JoJo, who is always eager to take part in whatever Nancy is doing; and Frenchy, the family’s pet dog who adores Nancy. In addition to her tight-knit family, Nancy’s neighbor, Mrs. Devine, serves as a mentor to Nancy in all things fancy. (source)
- Mia Sinclair Jenness as Nancy Clancy
- Alyson Hannigan as Claire Clancy
- Rob Riggle as Doug Clancy
- Spencer Moss as JoJo Clancy
- Christine Baranski as Mrs. Devine
- George Wendt as Grandpa Clancy
- Tatyana Ali as Mrs. James
- Chi McBride as Gus
- Kal Penn as Mr. Singh
- Madison Pettis as Brigitte
- S1, Ep1 – Chez Nancy/School de Fancy
- S1, Ep2 – Tea Party Trouble/Bonjour Butterfly
- S1, Ep3 – Nancy’s Ooh La La Spa/Nancy Goes to Work
- S1, Ep4 – Nancy Versus Dudley/Nancy Makes Her Mark
- S1, Ep5 – Nancy’s Devine Sleepover/Nancy’s Sacre Blue Fondue
- S1, Ep6 – Nancy’s Dog Show Disaster/The Case of the Disappearing Doll
- S1, Ep7 – La Danse of Friendship/Shoe La La!
- S1, Ep8 – Camp Fancy/Nancy’s Vanity D’Art
- S1, Ep9 – Toodle-oo, Miss Moo/Nancy Clancy, Starmaker
- S1, Ep10 – Le Café Parfait/Mademoiselle Mom
- S1, Ep11 – Nancy’s Costume Clash/Nancy’s Ghostly Halloween
- S1, Ep12 – Grow Up, Jo Jo!/Supréme Night Out
- S1, Ep13 – Ice Skater Extraordinary/Nancy L’Artiste
- S2, Ep1 – Vive La Révolution!Million Dollar Minnow
- S3, Ep2 – Au Revoir, Jean-Claude/Je Spy with My LittleEye
Disney Character(s) in this Post:Brigitte (Fancy Nancy)
- What is Disney Doing for Disney World’s 50th Anniversary?, February 24, 2021
- When Will Disneyland Reopen?, February 23, 2021
- 2021 & 2022 Walt Disney World Vacation Packages Now Available!, December 31, 2020
- Disney+ Upcoming Movies and Shows with Release Dates, July 28, 2020
- When Will Disney World Reopen?, April 20, 2020