Here is everything you need to know about Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom’s PeopleMover ride including history, fun facts, photos and more. I hope you find this listing informative and helpful!
Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover Description
Take off from Rockettower Plaza for an elevated ride into the world of tomorrow. Ascend a conveyor belt to an open-air loading dock and board a moving PeopleMover tram for a leisurely outdoor and indoor voyage through Tomorrowland.
During your breezy, narrated 10-minute tour, go behind the scenes of some of Tomorrowland’s most popular attractions, including:
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin, home to a galactic battle between Buzz Lightyear and Emperor Zurg
- Space Mountain, where the darkest regions of space and time collide on a rip-roaring rocket ride
- Mickey’s Star Traders retail shop, offering a supernova of one-of-a-kind, Disney space collectibles
- Early architectural models of Progress City, a conceptual predecessor of Epcot
Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover Fun Facts
- The attraction—originally called the WEDWay PeopleMover—opened on July 1, 1975 and was based on the PeopleMover at Disneyland park.
- The ride has had 4 narrators over the years: Jack Wagner, ORAC-1, Pete Renaday and Mike Brassell.
- The ride averages a speed of 10 feet per second except in the loading and unloading area where it moves at 2.7 feet per second.
Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover Details