One of the most highly-anticipated holiday events at Walt Disney World each year is the Candlelight Processional which takes place at Epcot’s America Gardens Theater in the World Showcase. Here are all the details for this year’s (2018) event to help you plan your trip:
What is Epcot’s Candlelight Processional?
The Candlelight Processional presents the traditional story of Christmas in truly spectacular fashion – with a 50-piece orchestra, a massed choir and a celebrity narrator.
What are the Candlelight Processional Dates?
November 29, 2019 through December 30, 2019. It is performed 3 times each night (5:00, 6:45 and 8:15 pm).
Who is Narrating the Candlelight Processional?
We don’t know all of the narrators yet, but here are the ones Disney has announced so far:
- 11/29 – 12/1 – Ming-Na Wen
- 12/6 – 12/7 – Whoopi Goldberg
- 12/8 – 12/10 – Isabella Rossellini
- 12/11 – 12/12 – Chita Rivera
- 12/16 – 12/18 – Pat Sajak
- 12/19 – 12/21 – Warwick Davis
- 12/22 – 12/24 – Steven Curtis Chapman
- 12/25 – 12/26 – Edward James Olmos
- 12/27 – 12/28 – Marlee Matlin
Of course, it takes time to book all the narrators, to give you an idea of the types of narrators the event usually draws, here is the list of 2018 narrators:
- Chita Rivera
- Helen Hunt
- Alfonso Ribeiro
- Robby Benson
- John Stamos
- Neil Patrick Harris
- Whoopi Goldberg
- Bart Millard
- Blair Underwood
- Gary Sinise
- Pat Sajak
- Auli’l Cravalho (Moana)
- Edward James Olmos
- Jodi Benson (Ariel)
- Cal Ripken Jr
Candlelight Processional Dining Package Details:
It is HIGHLY recommended that, if you are planning on attending the Candlelight Processional, you should get a dining package, which ensures you a seat for the show. The stand-by lines are notoriously long and not everyone that waits in the line will get in, at times. Dining package reservatuons open on July 2nd for Annual Passholders and DVC Members and July 3 for all other resort guests.
We don’t have 2019 dining package details yet, but here are the dining packages from 2018:
Lunch and dinner packages are available at some favorite Epcot restaurants like:
- Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (Norway pavilion);
- Biergarten Restaurant (Germany pavilion);
- Chefs de France (France pavilion);
- Coral Reef Restaurant (The Seas pavilion);
- The Garden Grill Restaurant (The Land pavilion);
- La Hacienda de San Angel and San Angel Inn Restaurante (Mexico pavilion);
- Nine Dragons Restaurant (China pavilion);
- Restaurant Marrakesh and Spice Road Table (Morocco pavilion);
- Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room (United Kingdom pavilion);
- Teppan Edo and Tokyo Dining (Japan pavilion); and
- Tutto Italia Ristorante and Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria (Italy pavilion).
Breakfast, lunch and dinner options are also available this year at Epcot-area resort restaurants at Ale & Compass at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, with breakfast and dinner options being offered at Trattoria Al Forno at Disney’s BoardWalk.
Candlelight Processional Dining Packages start at:
- For Breakfast: $38 plus tax per person for adults and $22 plus tax per person for children, ages 3-9.
- For Lunch: $50 plus tax per person for adults and $16.99 plus tax per person for children, ages 3.
- For Dinner: $55 plus tax per person for adults and $16.99 plus tax per person for children, ages 3-9.
That is all we know for now, as always, I will be updating and adding to this post as more info becomes available, so be sure to check back often.