Here is everything you need to know about the amazing Disney movie Cruella including casting, reviews, fun facts and more. I hope you find this listing informative and helpful!
“Disney’s Cruella” is a live-action film released in 2021. It serves as a prequel and origin story for one of Disney’s most iconic villains, Cruella de Vil, who is famously known as the villain in the animated film “101 Dalmatians.”
The film is directed by Craig Gillespie and stars Emma Stone as the titular character, Cruella de Vil. It explores the backstory of Estella, a talented young fashion designer in 1970s London, who later becomes the ruthless and fashionable villain we know as Cruella de Vil.
The story follows Estella’s journey as she navigates the world of fashion and tries to establish herself as a successful designer. Along the way, she encounters various challenges and obstacles, including her rivalry with the renowned fashionista, Baroness von Hellman, portrayed by Emma Thompson.
As Estella’s ambition grows, she adopts the persona of Cruella, embracing her rebellious and daring nature. The film delves into her transformation from an aspiring designer to a cunning and stylish villain with a penchant for Dalmatian fur.
“Cruella” explores themes of identity, ambition, and the choices people make when faced with adversity. It provides a fresh and unique perspective on the classic Disney villain, humanizing her character and giving her a more complex and compelling backstory.
The film received critical acclaim for its performances, particularly Emma Stone’s portrayal of Cruella, the stylish costumes, and its updated take on a classic Disney character. “Cruella” was well-received by audiences and became a commercial success, sparking discussions about potential future projects for the character.
- Cruella: Emma Stone
- Jasper: Joel Fry
- Hauser: Paul Walter Hauser
- Baroness von Hellman: Emma Thompson
- Catherine: Emily Beecham
- Anita Darling: Kirby Howell-Baptiste
- John the Valet: Mark Strong
- Director: Craig Gillespie
- Producers: Marc Platt, Kristin Burr and Andrew Gunn
- Writers: Tony McNamara and Dana Fox
- “Cruella” To Be Available to All Disney+ Subscribers on August 27th, May 20, 2021
- Trailer Debuts for Disney’s All-New Live-Action Feature Film ‘Cruella’, February 19, 2021
- Emma Stone Dishes on Playing Cruella de Vil in New Disney Prequel (Exclusive), October 11, 2019
- ‘Cruella’: Cannes Best Actress Winner Emily Beecham Joins Disney Live-Action Prequel With Emma Stone, September 21, 2019
- Disney’s ‘Cruella’ Casts Joel Fry as Jasper, August 8, 2019