Here is everything you need to know about Walt Disney World’s Animal Kingdom park’s Kali River Rapids ride including ride history, fun facts, photos and more. I hope you find this listing informative and helpful!
Kali River Rapids | Disney World Description
Set out on a rip-roaring, river raft ride through a lush jungle landscape ravaged by illegal logging.
Hang on tight for a thrilling whitewater adventure along the scenic Chakranadi River.
Meander along a winding path brimming with solemn stone ruins before venturing inside a centuries-old temple, home to animal shrines and hand-painted murals. Continue on through a small shop selling hand-crafted wares and then enter the boathouse of Kali Rapids Expeditions, your tour company for the day’s journey.
Make your way to a wooden pagoda and then onto a large, circular 12-passenger raft. Strap yourself in and gently glide up a 90-foot knoll into a mist, the native scents of jasmine and ginger filling the air. At the top, skim across an erupting geyser and brace yourself as you begin your descent down the mountain.
During your voyage, bob up and down and gently spin, water splashing in all directions. Sail beneath a canopy of lush vegetation as your raft weaves back and forth in the fast-moving river. Graze gushing waterfalls and bounce between craggy mountain bedrock amid the raging current. Then, plummet down a dramatic 20-foot slope!
Located atop the bridge that overlooks Kali River Rapids are a series of elephant-themed water sprayers available to non-rafters. Easily activated by pressing a button, these free-to-use squirters can be operated to drench rafters as they pass by.
Kali River Rapids | Disney World Fun Facts
- The ride was originally supposed to be called “Tiger Rapids Run”
Kali River Rapids | Disney World Details
- Disney Resort: Walt Disney World Resort
- Disney Park: Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Park Area: Animal Kingdom Asia
- Attraction Type: Ride
- Official Page
- Year Opened: 1999
- Replaced: Nothing
- Kali River Rapids at Disney’s Animal Kingdom reopens from refurbishment ahead of schedule, February 28, 2023
- Kali River Rapids expected to reopen in March 2023 at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, January 6, 2023
- Kali River Rapids closing for annual refurbishment beginning January 2023, December 15, 2022
- Kali River Rapids returns to operation after refurbishment, December 20, 2021
- Kali River Rapids Closing for Refurbishment starting on November 1, September 10, 2021