Here is everything you need to know about the amazing Disney movie National Treasure including casting, reviews, fun facts and more. I hope you find this listing informative and helpful!
Contents of this article:
- National Treasure Description
- National Treasure Cast
- National Treasure Crew
- National Treasure Details
- National Treasure Trailer
National Treasure Description
“National Treasure” is an action-adventure film released in 2004, directed by Jon Turteltaub and produced by Jerry Bruckheimer. The film stars Nicolas Cage as the protagonist, Benjamin Franklin Gates, an American historian and treasure hunter.
The story revolves around the legendary Knights Templar and the lost treasure they supposedly discovered and protected for centuries. Benjamin Franklin Gates comes from a family of treasure hunters who have been searching for the treasure, which is said to be hidden in America, for generations.
The film follows Gates as he embarks on a perilous journey to decipher the cryptic clues left by the Founding Fathers of the United States, hidden in historical artifacts like the Declaration of Independence and the $100 bill. His goal is to find the treasure before it falls into the wrong hands.
However, Gates faces opposition from Ian Howe (played by Sean Bean), a former associate turned rival, who also seeks the treasure and is willing to do anything to find it. With the help of his friend Riley Poole (played by Justin Bartha) and National Archives conservator Abigail Chase (played by Diane Kruger), Gates races against time to uncover the secret of the treasure’s location and protect it from falling into the wrong hands.
“National Treasure” is a thrilling and fast-paced adventure that combines historical mysteries with modern-day action. The film takes audiences on a captivating journey through iconic American landmarks, historical events, and secret societies.
Nicolas Cage delivers a charismatic and engaging performance as Benjamin Gates, infusing the character with a sense of excitement and determination. The film also features impressive action sequences and thrilling chase scenes, adding to its entertainment value.
“National Treasure” received a positive reception from both critics and audiences, becoming a commercial success. Its blend of history, mystery, and action appealed to a wide range of viewers, making it a popular family-friendly adventure film.
The success of “National Treasure” led to a sequel, “National Treasure: Book of Secrets,” released in 2007, which continued Benjamin Gates’ adventures and explored more historical mysteries.
Overall, “National Treasure” is an entertaining and enjoyable adventure film that combines history and action in an engaging and thrilling narrative. It celebrates the excitement of treasure hunting and the allure of historical mysteries, making it a captivating watch for audiences of all ages.
National Treasure Fun Facts
- The film was shot on location in various parts of the United States, including Washington, D.C., Philadelphia, and New York City.
- The idea for the film came from a conversation between director Jon Turteltaub and screenwriter Jim Kouf, who were discussing the possibility of a heist movie set in a museum.
- The film’s story is loosely based on the myth surrounding the Knights Templar and their supposed connection to the discovery and hiding of a vast treasure.
- Nicolas Cage’s character, Benjamin Gates, is named after Benjamin Franklin and Gates McFadden, an actress known for her role in Star Trek: The Next Generation.
- The film’s famous line, “I’m going to steal the Declaration of Independence,” was ad-libbed by Nicolas Cage during a rehearsal.
- The film’s score was composed by Trevor Rabin, who is also known for his work on other action-adventure films such as Con Air and Armageddon.
- National Treasure has since become a popular cultural reference, with the film’s premise and characters being parodied in various forms of media, including television shows, video games, and even political satire.
National Treasure Cast
- Nicolas Cage: Benjamin Franklin Gates
- Sean Bean: Ian Howe
- Harvey Keitel: Agent Peter Sadusky
- Jon Voight: Patrick Henry Gates
- Justin Bartha: Riley Poole
- Diane Kruger: Dr. Abigail Chase
- Christopher Plummer: John Adams Gates
- Hunter Gomez: young Benjamin Gates
- Jack Koenig: young Charles Carroll
National Treasure Crew
- Director: Jon Turtletaub
- Producer: Jerry Bruckheimer and Jon Turteltaub
- Music: Trevor Rabin
National Treasure Trailer:
- There Is Still Hope For “National Treasure 3” Says Actor Justin Bartha, December 31, 2022
- Title and Logo Revealed for Disney+ ‘National Treasure’ Series, July 7, 2022
- ‘National Treasure’ Series Moves Forward, Filming to Begin Soon, September 16, 2021
- National Treasure Disney+ Series Gets Greenlight With Latina Lead, March 25, 2021
- New National Treasure Projects Confirmed by Producer Jerry Bruckheimer, May 9, 2020