Here is everything you need to know about the amazing Disney’s Contemporary Resort at Walt Disney World including history, reviews, fun facts, photos and more. I hope you find this listing informative and helpful!
Disney’s Contemporary Resort Description
Retreat to this ultra-modern Disney Resort hotel and discover award-winning dining, spectacular views and dazzling pools. Whether you’re staying in the iconic A-frame Contemporary Resort tower or the nearby Garden Wing, you can walk to Magic Kingdom main gate or catch the Resort Monorail as it breezes through the tower. Inside, a 90-foot-tall mural by Disney Legend Mary Blair—responsible for the distinct look and feel of the “it’s a small world” attraction—celebrates the Grand Canyon and the American Southwest. (source)
Contemporary Resort Restaurants:
- California Grill
- Chef Mickey’s
- Contempo Cafe
- Contemporary Grounds
- Cove Bar
- Outer Rim
- Sand Bar
- The Wave Lounge
- The Wave
Disney’s Contemporary Resort Fun Facts
- One of the original opening day Walt Disney World resorts.
- One of the three Disney resorts on the ‘Monorail Loop.’
- The Contemporary was constructed in the legendary ‘dresser drawers’ manner
- Number of rooms at the Contemporary: 655
- Convention space at the Contemporary: 90,000 sq ft
- Richard Nixon’s infamous ‘I am not a crook’ press conference took place at the Contemporary in 1973.
Disney’s Contemporary Resort Details
Disney’s Contemporary Resort Reviews
Disney’s Contemporary Resort Lobby Construction is now complete, September 27, 2021