Here is everything you need to know about Walt Disney World’s Epcot’s extinct Journey Into Imagination attraction including history, fun facts, photos and more. I hope you find this listing informative and helpful!
Journey Into Imagination | Disney World Description
Journey into Imagination was the original iteration of the iconic Figment-featured dark ride. It made its debut in 1983 when the new Imagination Pavilion opened in Epcot’s Future World in Walt Disney World.
This was the version of the ride that included popular park characters The Dreamfinder (played by Chuck McCann) and Figment (Billy Barty). It closed in 1998 to make way for the short-run of Journey Into YOUR Imagination.
Related Attraction Music:
Journey Into Imagination | Disney World Details
- Disney Resort: Walt Disney World Resort
- Disney Park: Epcot
- Park Area: Epcot Imagination Pavilion
- Attraction Type: Extinct Attraction, Ride
- Year Opened: 1983
- Year Opened: 1998
- Replaced: Original Attraction
- Replaced By: Journey into YOUR Imagination
Journey Into Imagination | Disney World Experience:
Disney Character(s) in this Post:Figment (Epcot)
- Figment Meet and Greet to Begin This Summer at EPCOT, March 17, 2023
- The Classic ImageWorks Rainbow Tunnel Will Return in the New “Epcot Experience Center” Inside The Odyssey Later This Year, June 20, 2019
- Vintage Walt Disney World: A Journey Into Imagination, March 6, 2014
- Today in Disney History: Journey Into Imagination Opens at Epcot, March 6, 2013