Disney announced yesterday that they are testing out a new pilot program that allows visitors to bring their dogs to Walt Disney World. For the time being, dogs will only be allowed at select Disney World resorts. Here are all the details in case you are thinking about bringing an extra “child” with you on your next Disney vacation (source):
New Pilot Program at Select Walt Disney World Hotels Welcomes Guests and Their Dogs Starting Oct. 15
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – Calling all labs and boxers, pugs and terriers, poodles and beagles. The welcome mutt is out!
Beginning Sunday, Oct. 15, Walt Disney World Resort will welcome guests – and their canine companions – to four resort hotels, Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, Disney Port Orleans Resort – Riverside, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort and the cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.
The new service permits up to two dogs per guest room. Each resort also offers easy access to outdoor pet exercise areas and green spaces with pet relief areas.
Dog lovers will find plenty of Disney amenities and special touches for their four-legged friends.
- At check-in, Pluto’s Welcome Kit includes a mat, bowls, a pet ID tag, courtesy plastic disposable bags, puppy pads and dog walking maps. Also included: a Pluto “Do Not Disturb” door hanger indicating to hotel staff that a pet is in the room.
- Day care and other pet services are offered nearby at Best Friends, an on-property full-service pet care facility. Fees apply.
- Coming soon – select pet merchandise at the four resort properties.
The resorts’ per night/per room pet-cleaning rates are:
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort $50/night
- Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort $50/night
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort $75/night
- Cabins at Disney’s Ft. Wilderness Resort $50/night
Dogs staying in a Disney resort Guest rooms must be well behaved, leashed in resort public areas and properly vaccinated. For more information about the new dog-friendly trial program, including other restrictions and policies, guests may contact 407 W-DISNEY. DVC Members should contact Member Services at 800-800-9800.
Update 6/26/18: Our friends at WDW News Today are reporting that this pet-friendly policy will likely sunset on October 15th – the 1 year anniversary of the program. Sorry dog owners!
Update 8/14/18: It appears that the rumors in June were false as Disney has announced the Dog-friendly policy will continue past its October sunset date.
Be the first to comment on "You Can Bring Your Dog to Disney World | What You Need to Know"