Here is everything you need to know about the amazing Disney movie One Hundred And One Dalmatians including casting, reviews, fun facts and more. I hope you find this listing informative and helpful!
Contents of this article:
- One Hundred And One Dalmatians Description
- One Hundred And One Dalmatians Cast
- One Hundred And One Dalmatians Crew
- One Hundred And One Dalmatians Details
- One Hundred And One Dalmatians Trailer
One Hundred And One Dalmatians Description
“One Hundred and One Dalmatians” is a classic animated film produced by Walt Disney Productions and released in 1961. It is based on the 1956 novel “The Hundred and One Dalmatians” by Dodie Smith.
The story revolves around a married couple, Roger and Anita Radcliffe, who live in London with their Dalmatian dog, Pongo. Pongo is determined to find a mate for himself and his human, so he orchestrates a meeting with a beautiful Dalmatian named Perdita and her owner, Anita’s school friend, Cruella de Vil.
Soon, Perdita becomes pregnant, and Cruella, who has an obsession with fur coats, offers to buy the entire litter of puppies. However, when Roger and Anita refuse to sell, Cruella hires two bumbling henchmen, Jasper and Horace, to kidnap the puppies.
With the help of various animal friends and a network of other dogs, Pongo and Perdita embark on a thrilling adventure to rescue their puppies from Cruella’s clutches. The rescue mission leads them across the English countryside and brings together a massive gathering of 101 Dalmatians.
The film is known for its endearing characters, heartwarming story, and its use of the newly developed xerography animation technique that allowed the animators to capture the original pencil sketches directly onto the animation cells, giving the film a unique and sketch-like visual style.
“One Hundred and One Dalmatians” was a significant success for Disney and is considered one of the studio’s classic animated films. It introduced iconic characters like Cruella de Vil, known for her extravagant style and wicked demeanor, and the adorable Dalmatian puppies.
The film’s popularity led to various adaptations, including a live-action film in 1996 and an animated television series. The original animated version remains beloved by audiences of all ages, and its heartwarming story of bravery, family, and friendship continues to resonate with viewers to this day.
One Hundred And One Dalmatians Fun Facts
- This was the biggest movie of 1961.
- The movie is based on the novel One Hundred And One Dalmatians by Dodie Smith.
- The movie was remade into a live action film in 1996.
- The movie was re-released to theaters 4 times after its initial run.
One Hundred And One Dalmatians Cast
- Rod Taylor: Pongo
- Lisa Daniels and Cate Bauer: Perdita
- Betty Lou Gerson: Cruella de Vil and Miss Birdwell
- Ben Wright: Roger Radcliffe
- Lisa Davis: Anita Radcliffe
- Frederick Worlock: Horace Baddun and Inspector Graves
- J. Pat O’Malley: Jasper Baddun and the Colonel
- Martha Wentworth: Nanny, Queenie and Lucy the White Goose
- Thurl Ravenscroft: Captain
- David Frankham: Sergeant Tibbs
- Mimi Gibson: Lucky
- Barbara Beaird: Rolly
- Mickey Maga: Patch
- Sandra Abbott: Penny
- Tudor Owen: Old Towser
- George Pelling: Danny
- Junius Matthews: Scottie
- Queenie Leonard: Princess
- Marjorie Bennett: Duchess
- Barbara Luddy: Rover
- Rickie Sorensen: Spotty
- Tom Conway: the Collie and the Quizmaster
- Paul Frees: Dirty Dawson
One Hundred And One Dalmatians Crew
- Directors: Wolfgang Reitheman, Clyde Geronimi and Hamilton Luske
- Producer: Walt Disney
- Music: George Bruns