Here is everything you need to know about the amazing Disney movie Tarzan II including casting, reviews, fun facts and more. I hope you find this listing informative and helpful!
Contents of this article:
Tarzan II Description
“Tarzan II” is a direct-to-video animated film released by Walt Disney Pictures in 2005. It serves as a prequel to the original 1999 animated film “Tarzan.” The movie tells the story of Tarzan’s early years and explores his journey of self-discovery and acceptance.
In “Tarzan II,” a young Tarzan is struggling to find his place in the jungle and feels like he doesn’t belong. He feels insecure about his differences from the other gorillas and fears that he is not as strong or skilled as them. When his clumsiness causes trouble during a gorilla activity, he becomes the target of ridicule and teasing from the other gorillas.
Feeling like an outcast, Tarzan sets out on a journey to find his identity and prove to himself and others that he belongs. During his adventure, he encounters several memorable characters, including Tantor the elephant and Terk the gorilla, who help him navigate the challenges of the jungle.
Throughout the film, Tarzan learns valuable life lessons about courage, perseverance, and the importance of staying true to himself. He discovers that his unique qualities make him special and that he can use them to his advantage. Along the way, he forms deep friendships and gains the confidence to face any obstacle that comes his way.
The movie also introduces the character of Kala, the gorilla who would later become Tarzan’s adoptive mother. Their bond grows stronger as Tarzan seeks her guidance and support during his journey of self-discovery.
“Tarzan II” is filled with heartwarming moments, captivating animation, and catchy musical numbers. It features new songs by Phil Collins, who also composed the soundtrack for the original “Tarzan” film.
While “Tarzan II” may not have received the same level of attention as its predecessor, it is still beloved by fans of the original film and serves as a delightful addition to the Tarzan franchise. The movie explores the theme of self-acceptance and delivers a positive message about embracing one’s uniqueness.
Overall, “Tarzan II” is a charming and touching animated film that provides deeper insight into the beloved character of Tarzan and his formative years in the jungle. It is an enjoyable watch for both children and adults who appreciate heartfelt storytelling and endearing characters.
Tarzan II Fun Facts
- “Tarzan II” is a direct-to-video prequel to Disney’s 1999 film “Tarzan.” It was released in 2005 and explores the early years of Tarzan’s life as a young boy growing up in the jungle.
- The film features a different voice actor for the character of Tarzan during his younger years. Harrison Chad voices young Tarzan, while Tony Goldwyn, who voiced Tarzan in the original film, reprises his role as the adult Tarzan in the framing story.
- “Tarzan II” delves into the themes of self-discovery and identity as young Tarzan questions where he truly belongs—whether with the gorilla family who raised him or among the humans who look like him. The film provides a deeper understanding of Tarzan’s character and his journey.
Tarzan II Cast
- Harrison Chad: Tarzan
- Glenn Close: Kala
- Brenda Grate: Terk
- Harrison Fahn: Tantor
- Lance Henriksen: Kerchak
- George Carlin: Zugor
- Estelle Harris: Mama Gunda
- Brad Garrett: Uto
- Ron Perlman: Kago
- Connor Hutcherson: Tonka
- Frank Welker: Sabor the Leopard
Tarzan II Crew
- Director: Brian Smith
- Producer: Carolyn Bates, Jim Kammerud and Leslie Hough
- Music: Mark Mancina