Here is everything you need to know about Walt Disney World’s Epcot’s extinct CommuniCore attraction including history, fun facts, photos and more. I hope you find this listing informative and helpful!
CommuniCore | Disney World Description
CommuniCore was a pavilion located in Epcot at Walt Disney World that opened with the park in 1982. The pavilion was divided into two sections: CommuniCore East and CommuniCore West. It was designed to showcase emerging technologies and innovations, as well as provide information and education on a variety of topics.
CommuniCore featured a range of interactive exhibits and activities, including hands-on computer games, interactive displays, and multimedia presentations. Some of the exhibits focused on themes such as transportation, energy, communication, and the environment.
In 1994, CommuniCore was replaced by Innoventions, which continued to showcase new technologies and innovations. Innoventions featured exhibits such as virtual reality simulations, video games, and interactive experiences that allowed guests to learn about new products and technologies.
Innoventions closed in 2015 and the space was eventually replaced by the Epcot Character Spot and other attractions. However, the legacy of CommuniCore can still be seen in the continued emphasis on technology and innovation in Epcot and the Disney parks as a whole.
CommuniCore | Disney World Details
- Disney Resort: Walt Disney World Resort
- Disney Park: Epcot
- Attraction Type: Exhibit, Extinct Attraction
- Year Opened: 1982
- Year Opened: 1994
- Replaced: Original Attraction
- Replaced By: Innoventions
CommuniCore | Disney World Experience:
- EPCOT Center Ground Symbol, Light-Up Pavement, and CommuniCore Name Returning to Please Fans, May 6, 2022
- 5 Things We Miss About the Original CommuniCore, January 13, 2015
- Vintage Epcot: A Look Back at Epcot’s CommuniCore, August 31, 2012