Here is everything you need to know about the extinct Epcot Forever show at Walt Disney World’s Epcot including history, reviews, fun facts, photos and more. I hope you find this listing informative and helpful!
Epcot Forever | Disney World Description
Epcot Forever was a nighttime spectacular show that took place at Epcot in Walt Disney World Resort. It premiered on October 1, 2019, as a temporary replacement for the long-running IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth while a new nighttime show, Harmonious, was being developed.
Epcot Forever celebrated the past, present, and future of Epcot through fireworks, lasers, music, and special effects. The show featured a soundtrack that combined classic Epcot tunes with new arrangements, highlighting beloved attractions and pavilions from the park’s history. The fireworks and pyrotechnics were synchronized with the music and illuminated the World Showcase Lagoon, creating a vibrant and immersive experience.
The show incorporated elements such as kites with special effects, jet skis, and a special tribute to Figment, the lovable purple dragon from the Journey into Imagination attraction.
However, it’s important to note that Epcot Forever was intended as a limited-time show and concluded its run on September 28, 2021. It was replaced by the nighttime spectacular, Harmonious, which featured a grand display of music, lights, fountains, and multimedia elements on the World Showcase Lagoon. In 2023, it returned as a replacement for Harmonius.
Epcot Forever | Disney World Details
- Disney Resort: Walt Disney World Resort
- Disney Park: Epcot
- Attraction Type: Extinct Attraction, Nighttime Spectacular
- Year Opened: 2019
- Year Closed: 2020
- Replaced: Illuminations
- Replaced By: HarmoniUS
Epcot Forever | Disney World Experience:
- Walt Disney World Resort Reveals Showtimes For ‘Happily Ever After’ And ‘EPCOT Forever’, February 1, 2023
- EPCOT Forever expected to return to Walt Disney World for a third time, September 15, 2022
- New Nighttime Spectacular ‘Epcot Forever’ Celebrates the Past, Present and Future of the Beloved Walt Disney World Resort Theme Park, October 2, 2019