One of the most sought-after food items at Walt Disney World is the iconic Dole Whip. We get quite a few questions about Dole Whips here and on Facebook, so I thought I’d post this quick rundown of what you need to know about Dole Whips including where to find a Dole Whip at Disney World…
What is a Dole Whip?
The Dole Whip is a pineapple-flavored soft-serve frozen desert that was first introduced by Dole in 1986 and can be found in both Disney World and Disneyland. It comes in pineapple, vanilla or a blend of the two. It can be combined with Dole pineapple juice to create a Dole Whip Float.
Dole Whips with Alcohol at Disney World
An adult version of the Dole Whip, called Captain Pineapple or Spikey Pineapple was introduced to Disney World in 2017. Captain Pineapple combines a Dole Whip and Rum, while the Spikey Pineapple combines a Dole Whip with Brabancourt Pango Rum.
Want to take a little part of Disney World home with you? Here is how you can make a Dole Whip at home.
Where To Find a Dole Whip at Disney World:
- Captain Cook’s (Disney’s Polynesian Resort)
- Everything Pop (Disney’s Pop Century Resort)
- Aloha Isle (Magic Kingdom Adventureland)
- Pineapple Lanai (Disney’s Polynesian Resort)
- Marketplace Snacks (Disney Springs)
- Tamu Tamu (Animal Kingdom)*
- Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto (Disney’s Polynesian Resort)*
- Drop Off Pool Bar (Disney’s Art of Animation Resort)*
*Note: These places serve the alcohol version.