Here is everything you need to know about the amazing Disney movie Fantasia including casting, reviews, fun facts and more. I hope you find this listing informative and helpful!
Walt Disney’s timeless masterpiece is an extravaganza of sight and sound! See the music come to life, hear the pictures burst into song and experience the excitement that is Fantasia over and over again. No family’s Disney collection is complete without Fantasia!
- Toccata and Fugue in D Minor, BWV 565 (Johann Sebastian Bach)
- The Nutcracker Suite, Op. 71a (Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky)
- The Sorcerer’s Apprentice (Paul Dukas)
- Rite of Spring (Igor Stravinsky)
- Jam Session Sequence
- Symphony No. 6 (‘Pastoral’) Op. 68 (Ludwig van Beethoven)
- Dance of the Hours (Amilcare Ponchielli)
- A Night on Bald Mountain/Ave Maria (Modest Mussorgsky and Franz Schubert)
Fantasia Fun Facts
- This was the first film shown in stereophonic sound.
- Music was performed by the Philadelphia Orchestra.
- There are more than 500 animated characters in the movie.
- The original plan for Fantasia was for it to be updated and added to every few years. Aside from some small edits, it wasn’t updated significantly until Fantasia 2000.
- Deems Taylor
- Walt Disney
- Leopold Stokowski
- Directors: Samuel Armstrong, James Algar, Bill Roberts, Paul Satterfield, Ben Sharpsteen, David D. Hand, Hamilton Luske ,Jim Handley, Ford Beebe, T. Hee, Norman Ferguson and Wilfred Jackson
- Producers: Walt Disney and Ben Sharpsteen
- Writers: Dick Huemer and Joe Grant
- Music: Philadelphia Orchestra
Fantasia’ Getting First Home Video Release in 10 Years, February 1, 2021
New Fantasia Pop Vinyls Make Their Debut, October 2, 2020