Here is everything you need to know about the amazing Pixar movie Ratatouille including casting, reviews, fun facts and more. I hope you find this listing informative and helpful!
Contents of this article:
“Ratatouille” is a charming and delightful animated film released by Pixar Animation Studios in 2007. Directed by Brad Bird, the movie centers around the unlikely culinary adventures of a rat named Remy in the heart of Paris.
Remy, voiced by Patton Oswalt, has a unique talent and passion for cooking, which sets him apart from other rats. Despite the disapproval of his family and the dangers of the human world, Remy aspires to become a great chef like his idol, the late Auguste Gusteau.
Fate leads Remy to the streets of Paris, where he forms an unexpected partnership with Linguini, a young and inexperienced kitchen worker. Together, they create delicious dishes that captivate the taste buds of diners at Gusteau’s restaurant. However, their secret partnership must navigate numerous challenges, including the strict traditions of French cuisine and the scheming of a jealous fellow chef, Skinner.
The film beautifully captures the essence of Paris and the artistry of cooking. The animation is masterfully executed, showcasing the intricacies of food preparation and the bustling atmosphere of the kitchen. Additionally, “Ratatouille” is celebrated for its witty humor, engaging characters, and heartwarming messages about following one’s passion, friendship, and acceptance.
“Ratatouille” received widespread critical acclaim and was a commercial success, grossing over $620 million worldwide. It won the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature and was also nominated for Best Original Screenplay.
The film’s enduring appeal lies in its ability to resonate with audiences of all ages. It remains a beloved favorite among both children and adults, highlighting the universal themes of pursuing dreams and embracing one’s unique talents. With its engaging storytelling and delightful charm, “Ratatouille” has secured its place as one of Pixar’s most beloved and enduring classics.
Ratatouille Fun Facts
- The film was directed by Brad Bird, who also wrote the screenplay and provided the voice for the character of Edna Mode in “The Incredibles.”
- “Ratatouille” tells the story of Remy, a rat with a passion for cooking, who forms an unlikely alliance with Linguini, a garbage boy at a prestigious Parisian restaurant.
- The film’s title is a reference to the traditional French dish ratatouille, which plays a significant role in the story.
- To accurately depict the culinary world, the filmmakers consulted with renowned French chef Thomas Keller and even worked in the kitchen of his Michelin-starred restaurant, The French Laundry.
- The character of Remy was animated using a combination of live-action footage of a rat, hand-drawn sketches, and computer-generated imagery.
- “Ratatouille” received critical acclaim for its storytelling, animation, and themes of following one’s passion, defying stereotypes, and the power of great food.
- The voice cast includes Patton Oswalt as Remy, Lou Romano as Linguini, and Brad Garrett as the intimidating chef, Gusteau.
- The film won the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature and was also nominated for Best Original Score and Best Sound Editing.
- “Ratatouille” features beautiful depictions of Paris, showcasing its iconic landmarks and the vibrant atmosphere of the city.
- The film’s release inspired the creation of the Ratatouille: The Adventure attraction at Disneyland Paris, where visitors can experience a 4D ride through Gusteau’s restaurant.
- Patton Oswalt: Remy
- Ian Holm: Chef Skinner
- Lou Romano: Alfredo Linguini
- Brad Garrett: Auguste Gusteau
- Janeane Garofalo: Colette Tatou
- Brian Dennehy: Django
- Peter O’Toole: Anton Ego
- Peter Sohn: Emile
- Will Arnett: Horst
- Julius Callahan: Lalo
- James Remar: Larousse
- John Ratzenberger: Mustafa
- Teddy Newton: Talon Labarthe
- Tony Fucile: Pompidou
- Jake Steinfeld: Git
- Brad Bird: Ambrister Minion
- Director: Brad Bird
- Producer: Brad Lewis
- Writer: Brad Bird
- Go Behind-the-Scenes of Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure in New Video, November 27, 2020