Here is everything you need to know about the amazing Disney movie Wreck-It Ralph including casting, reviews, fun facts and more. I hope you find this listing informative and helpful!
Contents of this article:
- Wreck-It Ralph Description
- Wreck-It Ralph Cast
- Wreck-It Ralph Crew
- Wreck-It Ralph Details
- Wreck-It Ralph Trailer
Wreck-It Ralph Description
“Wreck-It Ralph” is a Disney animated film released in 2012. Directed by Rich Moore, the movie takes place in a video game world where various arcade game characters come to life after the arcade closes for the day.
The story revolves around Ralph, the antagonist of a retro arcade game called “Fix-It Felix Jr.” Feeling unappreciated and wanting to prove that he can be a hero, Ralph sets out on a journey to earn a medal by entering other video games. However, his actions inadvertently lead to chaos and threaten the entire arcade.
During his adventure, Ralph meets Vanellope von Schweetz, a glitch from a racing game called “Sugar Rush,” who dreams of becoming a racer despite being bullied by the other characters. The two form an unlikely friendship, and Ralph learns the importance of acceptance and being true to oneself.
“Wreck-It Ralph” received widespread critical acclaim for its imaginative concept, clever references to video game culture, and heartfelt storytelling. The film’s exploration of themes like self-identity, friendship, and the impact of labels on individuals resonated with audiences of all ages.
The movie was praised for its engaging characters, stunning animation, and humor. It featured a nostalgic trip down memory lane for gamers, with appearances of iconic video game characters throughout the film. Additionally, Sarah Silverman’s performance as Vanellope von Schweetz was particularly well-received.
“Wreck-It Ralph” was a commercial success and earned several award nominations, including an Academy Award nomination for Best Animated Feature. It spawned a sequel, “Ralph Breaks the Internet,” which continued the adventures of Ralph and Vanellope in the vast world of the internet.
Overall, “Wreck-It Ralph” remains a beloved film in the Disney animation library, celebrated for its creativity, emotional depth, and messages about friendship and self-discovery. It is considered one of Disney’s modern classics and has left a lasting impact on both gamers and non-gamers alike.
Wreck-It Ralph Fun Facts
- “Wreck-It Ralph” was inspired by classic arcade games from the 1980s and early 90s, and features references to several iconic games such as Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, and Space Invaders.
- The voice of the character Ralph was performed by John C. Reilly, who spent months studying classic arcade games and working with animators to bring the character to life.
- The film’s soundtrack features music from electronic dance music (EDM) artist Skrillex, who was inspired by the film’s themes of friendship and self-discovery.
- The film’s script was developed over a period of 10 years and underwent several revisions, with the filmmakers working closely with video game experts and nostalgia consultants to ensure accuracy and authenticity.
- “Wreck-It Ralph” was the first feature-length film to be created entirely by Walt Disney Animation Studios, and marked a departure from the studio’s traditional hand-drawn animation style.
- In addition to its success at the box office, “Wreck-It Ralph” also spawned several spin-off games, merchandise, and a sequel, “Ralph Breaks the Internet.”
Wreck-It Ralph Cast
- John C. Reilly: Wreck-It Ralph
- Sarah Silverman: Vanellope von Schweetz
- Jack McBrayer: Fix-It Felix Jr
- Jane Lynch: Sergeant Tamora Jean Calhoun
- Alan Tudyk: King Candy
- Mindy Kaling: Taffyta Muttonfudge
- Joe Lo Truglio: Markowski
- Ed O’Neill: Mr. Stan Litwak
- Dennis Haysbert: General Hologram
- Adam Carolla: Wynnchel
- Horatio Sanz: Duncan
- Rich Moore: Sour Bill
Wreck-It Ralph Crew
- Director: Rich Moore
- Producer: Clark Spencer
- Writers: Phil Johnston and Jennifer Lee
Wreck-It Ralph Trailer: