Here is everything you need to know about the amazing Disney movie Zootopia including casting, reviews, fun facts and more. I hope you find this listing informative and helpful!
Disney presents a heartwarming comedy-adventure set in the modern mammal metropolis of Zootopia. With habitat neighborhoods like ritzy Sahara Square and frigid Tundratown, it’s a melting pot where animals from every environment live together — a place where no matter what you are, from the biggest elephant to the smallest shrew, you can be anything. But when optimistic Officer Judy Hopps arrives, she discovers that being the first bunny on a police force of big, tough animals isn’t so easy. Determined to prove herself, she jumps at the opportunity to crack a case, even if it means partnering with fast-talking scam-artist fox Nick Wilde to solve the mystery.
Zootopia Fun Facts
- Zootopia was released in March 2016 and grossed over $1 billion worldwide, making it the fourth highest-grossing film of 2016 and the second highest-grossing animated film of all time at the time of its release.
- The film won the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature in 2017.
- Zootopia is the first Disney animated film to be set in a fully realized, anthropomorphic animal world.
- The film was originally titled “Savage Seas” and was set on an island populated by predatory animals, but the idea was eventually scrapped in favor of the animal metropolis setting.
- The filmmakers visited various cities around the world, including New York City and Tokyo, for inspiration in creating the unique world of Zootopia.
- The film features a large ensemble cast, with over 80 different species of animals represented in the film.
- Zootopia was praised for its themes of diversity and inclusion, as well as its handling of complex issues such as prejudice and stereotyping.
- Zootopia was accompanied by a number of merchandise and tie-in products, including a comic book series, a mobile game, and a theme park attraction at Shanghai Disneyland called “Zootopia: Land of Big Fun.”
- Ginnifer Goodwin: Judy Hopps
- Jason Bateman: Nick Wilde
- Idris Elba: Chief Bogo
- Jenny Slate: Bellwether
- Nate Torrence: Officer Clawhauser
- Bonnie Hunt: Bonnie Hopps
- Don Lake: Stu Hopps
- Tommy Chong: Yax
- J.K. Simmons: Mayor Lionheart
- Octavia Spencer: Mrs. Otterton
- Alan Tudyk: Duke Weaselton
- Shakira: Gazelle
- Raymond S. Persi: Flash and Officer Higgins
- Maurice LaMarche: Mr. Big
- Phil Johnston: Gideon Grey
- Fuschia!: Major Friedkin
- John DiMaggio: Jerry Jumbeaux Jr. and Woolter and Jesse
- Katie Lowes: Dr. Madge Honey Badger
- Gita Reddy: Nangi
- Jesse Corti: Manchas
- Tom Lister Jr.: Finnick
- Leah Latham: Fru Fru
- Rich Moore: Doug and Larry
- Peter Mansbridge: Peter Moosebridge
- Byron Howard: Bucky Oryx-Antlerson and Travis
- Jared Bush: Pronk Oryx-Antlerson
- Mark “Rhino” Smith: Officer McHorn
- Josie Trinidad: Mrs. Dharma Armadillo
- Kristen Bell: Priscilla
- Directors: Byron Howard and Rich Moore
- Producer: Clark Spencer
- Screenplay: Jared Bush and Phil Johnston
- Music: Michael Giacchino
- ‘Moana’ and ‘Zootopia’ Replacing Dinoland U.S.A. at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, September 11, 2022
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ Set for China Debut, Following ‘Zootopia,’ ‘Big Hero 6’ Re-Releases, July 21, 2020
- ‘Zootopia’ Leads At Weekend Box Office Still Hampered By COVID-19, July 1, 2020
- ‘Zootopia’ Directors to Make New Disney Film ‘Encanto’, June 18, 2020
- ‘Zootopia 2’ and ‘Zootopia 3’ Reportedly In The Works By Disney, February 17, 2020