Walt Disney World Resort is a 27-acre entertainment resort located in Bay Lake, Florida, just outside Orlando. It was the result of a longtime vision of Walt Disney although he never actually saw it completed as it opened in 1971, a few years after his death.
Walt Disney World Resort sees 48 million visitors annually and currently consists of:
- 4 major theme parks: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Animal Kingdom;
- 2 Water Parks: Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach;
- A massive shopping, dining and entertainment complex called Disney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney);
- ESPN’s Wide World of Sports; and
- 34 resorts and hotels (28 of which are owned and operated by Disney).
Here are our latest Walt Disney World News articles and resources. New posts are added and updated almost daily, so check back regularly to stay in the know!