Pinocchio (1940 Movie)
Join Geppetto’s beloved puppet, Pinocchio, as he embarks on a thrilling adventure to become a real boy. With Jiminy Cricket as his guide, the puppet must be brave, loyal, and honest to make his greatest wish come true.
- Give a Little Whistle
- Hi Diddle Dee Dee
- I’ve Got No Strings
- Little Wooden Head
- When You Wish Upon a Star
Key Cast Members:
- Dickie Jones: Pinocchio
- Cliff Edwards: Jiminy Cricket
- Christian Rub: Mister Geppetto
- Walter Catlett: “Honest” John Worthington Foulfellow
- Charles Judels: Stromboli
- Evelyn Venable: The Blue Fairy
- Frankie Darro: Lampwick
- Stuart Buchanan: the Carnival Barker
Key Crew Members:
- Directors: Ben Sharpsteen, Hamilton Luske, Bill Roberts, Norman Ferguson, Jack Kinney, Wilfred Jackson and T. Hee
- Producer: Walt Disney
- Writers: Ted Sears, Otto Englander, Webb Smith, William Cottrell, Joseph Sabo, Erdman Penner and Aurelius Battaglia
- Music: Leigh Harline and Paul Smith
Fun Facts and Statistics:
Pinocchio is based on the Carlo Collodi novel The Adventures of Pinocchio.
Jiminy Cricket was not in the original novel and when Disney created him, he was only supposed to be a bit character.
The movie was re-released 7 times after it initially ran in theaters.
Disney Character(s) in this Post:Figaro the Cat