“Beauty and the Beast” is a song from the Disney animated film of the same name. The song was written by lyricist Howard Ashman and composer Alan Menken, and performed in the film by the characters of Mrs. Potts and Lumiere.
In the song, the characters of Mrs. Potts and Lumiere sing to the Beast and Belle, expressing the hope that Belle will see past the Beast’s appearance and learn to love him for who he is on the inside. The song’s romantic and emotional melody has made it one of the most popular and enduring Disney love songs of all time.
“Beauty and the Beast” has been covered by many artists over the years, including Celine Dion and Peabo Bryson, who recorded a pop version of the song for the film’s end credits. It won an Academy Award for Best Original Song, and has become a beloved classic of Disney music that continues to captivate audiences of all ages.
Listen to Beauty and the Beast (Song)
Beauty and the Beast (Song) Details
- Related Disney Character(s): Beast (Beauty and the Beast), Belle (Beauty and the Beast), Lumiere (Beauty and the Beast), Mrs Potts (Beauty and the Beast)
- Song Written By: Howard Ashman and Alan Menken
- Song Performed By: Angela Lansbury (original); Emma Thompson (Live Action)
- Year Released: 1991
Related Park Attraction(s):
- Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage | Disney World
- Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage | Disneyland
- Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along | Disney World