“The Ballad of Davy Crockett” is a song that was written for a 1954 Disney television series called “Davy Crockett“. The series followed the adventures of Davy Crockett, a frontiersman and politician who became a folk hero in the early 19th century.
The song “The Ballad of Davy Crockett” was written by George Bruns and Tom Blackburn, and it quickly became a hit with audiences. Sung by actor Fess Parker, who played the role of Davy Crockett in the series, the song describes the exploits of the legendary frontiersman, from his days as a young boy hunting bears to his time as a soldier and congressman. The song’s memorable melody and catchy lyrics, which include lines like “Born on a mountaintop in Tennessee / Greenest state in the land of the free”, helped to cement the character of Davy Crockett in popular culture.
“The Ballad of Davy Crockett” was so popular that it was eventually released as a single, and it quickly became a hit on the radio. The song’s success also helped to launch a merchandising frenzy around the character of Davy Crockett, with everything from hats and coonskin caps to lunchboxes and toys bearing his image.
While the “Davy Crockett” series only lasted for a short time, the song “The Ballad of Davy Crockett” has remained a beloved part of American folk culture, and it continues to be covered by musicians and performed in a variety of contexts.
Listen to The Ballad of Davy Crockett (Song)
The Ballad of Davy Crockett (Song) Details
- Related Disney Character(s): Beary Barrington (The Country Bears), Big Al (Country Bear Jamboree), Davy Crockett (Davy Crockett), Dex Barrington (The Country Bears), Liver Lips McGrowl (Country Bear Jamboree), Shaker (Country Bear Jamboree), Teddi Barra (Country Bear Jamboree), Wendell (Country Bear Jamboree)
- Song Written By: George Bruns and Thomas Blackburn
- Song Performed By: The Mellomen
- Year Released: 1955
Related Park Attraction(s):
- Country Bear Vacation Hoedown | Disney World
- Country Bear Jamboree | Disney World
- Country Bear Jamboree | Disneyland