Here is everything you need to know about Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom’s extinct Mr Toad’s Wild Ride attraction including history, fun facts, photos and more. I hope you find this listing informative and helpful!
Mr Toad’s Wild Ride | Disney World Description
Mr Toad’s Wild Ride was an iconic dark ride that debuted in Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom’s Fantasyland on opening day in 1971. It featured two tracks and a storyline that was based on Disney’s The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr Toad.
Mr Toad’s Wild Ride was a park favorite for many Disney World guests until it closed in 1998 to make way for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.
Mr Toad’s Wild Ride | Disney World Fun Facts
- The ride is gone, but not totally forgotten as the Mr. Toad statue can still be found in a small pet cemetery just outside the ride exit for the Haunted Mansion in the Magic Kingdom.
- The ride was different than the one that still operates in Disneyland, in that, it had two separate tracks and boarding areas. Each track gave a slightly different experience.
Mr Toad’s Wild Ride | Disney World Details
- Disney Resort: Walt Disney World Resort
- Disney Park: Magic Kingdom Park
- Park Area: Magic Kingdom Fantasyland
- Attraction Type: Extinct Attraction, Ride
- Year Opened: 1971
- Year Opened: 1998
- Replaced: Original Attraction
- Replaced By: The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh