Next month, a significant portion of Disneyland’s Disney California Adventure, the area formerly known as Paradise Pier will be re-themed as Pixar Pier. Here is everything we know about the reskinned park land…
Pixar Pier Neighborhoods:
Pixar Pier will be divided in four heavily-themed neighborhoods: Incredibles Park, Toy Story Boardwalk, Inside Out Headquarters and Pixar Promenade. Each neighborhood and is influenced by its corresponding movie franchise, with the exception of Pixar Promenade, which is a mix of a number of Pixar movies including Wall-E, A Bugs Life and La Luna.
Pixar Pier Rides:
- Incredicoaster – The re-designed California Screamin ride will thrill guests with a combination of Incredibles-inspired visuals, music, special effects and characters.
- Toy Story Midway Mania! – One of the few attractions remaining through the area overhaul, the popular Midway Mania is being incorporated into the new Toy Story Boardwalk overlay much like Disney is doing with Toy Story Land in Hollywood Studios.
- Pixar Pal-A-Round – The former Mickey’s Fun Wheel will soon re-open with a new Pixar overlay as the Pixar Pal-A-Round. It doesn’t look like much has changed other than a fresh coat of paint and a new Pixar theme.
- Games of the Boardwalk – Not exactly a ride, but this area in Pixar Promenade will be home to a number of boardwalk-style games of chance with a focus on some of the movies that don’t have as much of a presence in the rest of Pixar Pier. Some of the games include Heimlich’s Candy Corn Toss, Wall-E Space Race, La Luna Star Catcher, and Bullseye Stallion Stampede.
- Other rides and attractions – Disney has announced that Jessie’s Critter Carousel will be a ride located in Toy Story Boardwalk (the former King Triton’s Carousel of the Sea) and is slated to open in 2019. There is also a ‘family-friendly’ attraction planned for the Inside Out Headquarters neighborhood in the future.
Pixar Pier Restaurants:
- Lamplight Lounge – Formerly Ariel’s Grotto and the Cove Bar, Disney says the new Lamplight Lounge “will serve California casual gastro-pub cuisine that is playfully presented, along with unique signature cocktails and a guest-favorite: Lobster Nachos. The seaside lounge will contain a full bar with picturesque waterfront views of Paradise Bay from both upstairs and downstairs. At night, outdoor seating will provide views of the illuminated Pixar Pier and “World of Color.””
- Jack-Jack Cookie Num Nums – Located near the Incredicoaster in Incredibles Park, this replaces the California Scream Cam.
- Poultry Palace – Located in Toy Story Boardwalk (replaces Don Tomas), Poultry Palace is a restaurant based on the short Toy Story Toon: Small Fry.
- Senor Buzz Churros – Obviously a take on the popular Toy Story character’s alter-ego, ,this restaurant will be the place to go to get an iconic Disneyland churro while in Toy Story Boardwalk.
- Bing Bong’s Sweet Stuff – Replaces Sideshow Shirt. This is the place to go if your sweet tooth has gotten the best of you. It will be choc full of sweet treats and candy.
- Angry Dogs – Replaces Hot Dog Hut. More Inside Out theming as this restaurant will focus on the character Angry and appears to specialize in spicy hot dogs.
- Adorable Snowman’s Frosted Treats – This will be a food stand on the pier that will offer ice cream and other frozen treats.
Pixar Pier is slated to open on June 23rd. While there is sure to be a surprise or two in the new area, I hope this little primer gave you a good idea of what to expect.