Here is everything you need to know about the amazing Pixar movie Cars 3 including casting, reviews, fun facts and more. I hope you find this listing informative and helpful!
“Cars 3” is a 2017 computer-animated sports comedy-drama film produced by Pixar Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures. It is the third installment in the “Cars” franchise and serves as a sequel to the 2006 film “Cars” and its 2011 sequel “Cars 2.” The film was directed by Brian Fee, who also co-wrote the screenplay.
In “Cars 3,” Lightning McQueen, the famous race car, finds himself facing the challenges of aging as a new generation of faster and more technologically advanced racers starts to dominate the racing world. Feeling threatened by the rookies, Lightning pushes himself to the limit to prove that he still has what it takes to be a champion.
During a critical race, Lightning suffers a devastating crash, leading many to believe that his racing days are over. Determined to make a comeback, he seeks help from Cruz Ramirez, a young and enthusiastic trainer. Together, they embark on a journey to reclaim Lightning’s status as the top race car in the world.
Throughout the film, “Cars 3” explores themes of perseverance, mentorship, and the passing of the torch from one generation to the next. It delves into the challenges of embracing change and the importance of learning from the past while looking towards the future.
The film features the return of familiar characters like Mater and Sally, along with the introduction of new characters, including Jackson Storm and Sterling. Owen Wilson reprised his role as the voice of Lightning McQueen, and Cristela Alonzo voiced Cruz Ramirez.
“Cars 3” received positive reviews from critics and audiences, who appreciated its emotional depth, engaging story, and stunning animation. Although it marks a more serious tone compared to the previous films, “Cars 3” remains a heartfelt and entertaining addition to the “Cars” franchise, delivering valuable life lessons and heartfelt moments for viewers of all ages.
Cars 3 Fun Facts
- The film serves as the third installment in the “Cars” franchise, following the adventures of Lightning McQueen and his friends in the world of anthropomorphic vehicles.
- “Cars 3” was directed by Brian Fee, making it his directorial debut for a feature film.
- The movie focuses on Lightning McQueen’s journey as he faces the challenges of aging and competes against a new generation of high-tech race cars.
- “Cars 3” features a more serious tone compared to its predecessor, exploring themes of mentorship, legacy, and the importance of determination.
- The voice cast includes Owen Wilson reprising his role as Lightning McQueen, along with the additions of Armie Hammer as Jackson Storm and Cristela Alonzo as Cruz Ramirez.
- The film’s animation pays close attention to detail, capturing the sleek designs of modern race cars and recreating iconic racing tracks such as Daytona International Speedway.
- In preparation for their roles, the voice cast of “Cars 3” attended racing schools and received guidance from real-life race car drivers.
- “Cars 3” features several Easter eggs and references to other Pixar films, including hidden characters from other franchises appearing in the background scenes.
- The film received generally positive reviews from critics, who praised its emotional depth, stunning animation, and nostalgic elements for fans of the original “Cars” movie.
- “Cars 3” grossed over $383 million worldwide, proving the enduring popularity of the franchise.
- Owen Wilson: Lightning McQueen
- Cristela Alonzo: Cruz Ramirez
- Chris Cooper: Smokey
- Armie Hammer: Jackson Storm
- Larry the Cable Guy: Mater
- Bonnie Hunt: Sally
- Nathan Fillion: Sterling
- Lea DeLaria: Miss Fritter
- Kerry Washington: Natalie Certain
- Tony Shalhoub: Luigi
- Director: Brian Fee
- Producer: Kevin Reher
- Screenplay: Bob Peterson, Kiel Murray, Mike Rich
- Music by: Randy Newman
Cars 3 Trailer: